Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks a Graphic Designer. This job reports to the Associate Creative Director in the Brand and Culture division of PPFA. The Brand and Culture division sits within the larger Communications and Culture department at the national level of the organization.
- The execution of print and digital design products in support of PPFA’s mission and works to uplift our national brand
- Design and produce graphics and execute graphic concepts for, including but not limited to, social and digital graphics, brochures, presentations, reports, templates, event materials, merchandise, and more
- Collaborate with various PPFA teams to understand the goals and target audiences for specific initiatives and projects, and develop creative concepts and directions that advance those goals; take initiative to develop proposals for different types of material, design directions, and creative concepts
- Work with outside print and merchandise vendors on production specs, timelines and needs for a successful product and to ensure brand standards are being met
- Contribute to full-team effort
- Maintain the highest standards of design principles across all work
- Works with creative directors and creative project managers to ensure that all materials are of very high quality, reflect and advance the organization’s goals, is delivered on time, and adheres to brand guidelines
- Articulate ideas and present work professionally to internal clients
- Manage multiple assignments at the same time
- Must be comfortable working independently, as well as within a team
- Strong attention to detail and typography
- Strong creative instincts and a top-notch portfolio
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Positive, can-do attitude, willingness to jump in
- Experience and ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have interest and ability to remain current with rapidly changing design, production, and distribution technologies
- Should have knowledge of photography principles and formats, and experience with photo editing
- Must be a strong communicator, conscientious, and highly motivated. Should be a problem-solver inclined toward innovation and invention
- Passion for Planned Parenthood’s mission and brand
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Full 4-year degree in graphic design or related field
- 3+ years of work experience in graphic design
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Software with specific focus on Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- Motion/Animation experience demonstrated in portfolio a strong plus
- Working knowledge PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Keynote
- Nice to have but not required: Adobe Premiere, Sketch, illustration and/or hand-lettering skills
- Experience working within brand guidelines and standards
- Working knowledge of print and digital production practices
Starting Salary: 60k
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.