Dapper Labs is the world’s first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain and cryptocurrency designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $50M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Jobs to be done
- Memorialize the story of Dapper Labs – our people, past work, and vision for the years ahead – working directly with Roham (CEO), Dieter (CTO), and the rest of the leadership team.
- Own the company announcements calendar, working with product, marketing, and creative leaders to craft narratives and quarterback long-form content (press releases, blog posts, op-eds, creative campaigns) across our product portfolio.
- Serve as editor in chief for communications across the organization, helping establish lightweight brand voice and guidelines for each team.
- Co-develop “thought leadership” content with company leaders around areas of our unique expertise: user experience, the potential improvements crypto can bring to everyday consumer products, the opportunities unlocked by blockchain to remake entire industries, the role of open economies in games, the importance of mission-driven businesses, internal cultural principles, etc.
Flow is a new smart contract blockchain built from the ground up for performance and developer experience – without compromising on decentralization. Instead of networks like Ethereum, where every node in the network performs the same work equally, the Flow architecture allows nodes to specialize based on their hardware capacity as well as their financial stake – dramatically increasing performance while maintaining wide participation.
Compared to sharding, the Flow architecture means the separation of labor between nodes is vertical (across the different validation stages for each transaction) rather than horizontal (across different transactions). In other words, every node still participates in the validation of every transaction, but they do so only at one of the stages of validation.
The result is that Flow is the first decentralized network that can maintain a developer friendly, ACID-compliant execution environment at scale. This is critical for composability: https://a16z.com/2018/12/16/4-eras-of-blockchain-computing-degrees-of-composability
About Dapper Labs:
Dapper team members are humble and curious builders who share a passion to make the world a more open and empowering place through adoption of decentralized systems. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues.
More about Dapper Labs:
Our people are what makes our team special - because of that, we work hard to provide our full-time team members with perks that make their lives better by offering:
○ Flexible vacation & remote work policy - as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. Most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit for our high impact individuals.
○ Diverse opportunities for learning and development - we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
○ Fitness reimbursements - stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
○ Top-Line equipment - in addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
○ Flexible parental leave policies - We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on the team have the flexibility to work from home or take days off when family needs to come first.
○ When we can safely return to our office, fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog-friendly office!
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Even if you feel you don't meet all the requirements listed above, we encourage you to apply!