Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Location: REMOTE - U.S.
The Consumer Story:
Axon has developed a community of like-minded people. Our collective vision is to prevent senseless deaths and to live our fullest lives. We do this by safely protecting ourselves, our loved ones, our communities, and even those we encounter who may mean us harm. With confidence and conviction, we work together to save lives. And our mission needs you. Join us in making real change.
You are a content strategist, storyteller, and producer, driven to create high-impact content regardless of the medium. You are passionate about creating content that inspires and educates. You are passionate about using your skills to help people live their fullest lives and to help them take care of themselves and their loved ones. You understand your distribution channels and know how to create a content strategy that will reach our audience where they are with content that connects.
You will lead the strategy and development for AXON's consumer and community content. You will develop a range of video, audio, and editorial content that helps AXON customers live a safer, smarter, bolder, life. You will create a destination for thought leadership on safety, self-defense, community, and personal responsibility. A place where the public can learn how to protect themselves and their community. A place for thought leaders to weigh in on some of todays most challenging topics, from systemic racism to police reform, in a way that seeks to bring positive solutions. And you will pull back the curtain to reveal the people at AXON and how they are working to make a more positive, transparent and just society,
You will develop a team of internal and external talent to create and manage a content calendar and digital destination. You will support marketing efforts and drive critical KPI's. All in support of our missions of obsoleting the bullet, providing transparent justice, and be a proactive part of ending social injustice.
- Define the overall content strategy across owned and earned marketing channels.
- Own the overall content calendar, leveraging data and customer insights to drive the calendar, and closely partnering with marketing to create campaigns
- Establish clear KPIs for our content and provide regular reports tracking progress toward those goals
- Manage consumer editorial destination.
- Hire and manage external talent, ensuring that core business objectives are achieved
- Develop marquee social media campaigns and redefine our go-forward strategy focused on both consumers and partner
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience at Director level or above
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related discipline; equivalent applicable experience will be considered
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills
- Able to multi-task among shifting priorities
- Should be honest, assertive, and systematic
- Willing and able to travel as required
- Highly proficient computer skills including creative and business software
- World class organization and presentation skills
- Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly energetic self-starter
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.