Head of Content NEAR
WritingSwitzerland, Germany, EU, Russia, US, China, Remotea month ago
Are you passionate about the blockchain space and are an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation, analytics and meaningful measurement? The job of the Head of Content at NEAR is to think like a blockchain publisher/journalist, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business.
This is a full-time, remote position.
- Develop and implement editorial strategies while leading the content roadmap that builds on NEAR’s brand and ecosystem.
- Build positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels.
- Generate editorial ideas and concepts, and oversee the planning and production.
- Get a global audience excited about NEAR by delivering robust content to support:
- NEAR's Initiatives: Open Finance, The Creator Economy, Open Web.
- Analyze content performance and use insights to produce better content and stay ahead of market needs.
- Manage a growing team of storytellers committed to publishing weekly/bi-weekly content around NEAR’s ecosystem, products, programs, partners, and initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, community, design, and product teams to generate effective content and communications while feeding back into their strategies.
- An increase in defined user engagement metrics (measured by users taking the desired action…i.e. conversions, subscription, purchase, etc.)
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing is a plus.
- Minimum of 10-12 years experience in a multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.), preferably in a global startup technology environment.
- Proven work experience managing content strategy globally with a campaign-based, insights-led approach and a portfolio to back it up.
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English (or primary customer) language.
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- A passion for new technology tools (aka, using the tools you preach about) and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach. Social DNA a plus!
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types.
- Experience creating a resource or library of content organized indicating SEO, translations and version control.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Great powers of persuasion and presentation (Google Slides, PowerPoint).
- You are a self-starter with previous management experience who can strategize and execute projects from start to finish, but are also a team player and collaborator.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns. Ability to work in a 24 hour project cycle-utilizing teams or contractors in other countries.
- You are curious, humble, empathetic, and collaborative with incredible people skills.
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR's mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China.
Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.