Kickoff is an AI-augmented remote personal training platform that transforms the lives of clients & trainers.
We have helped thousands of clients get dramatically healthier. At the same time, we've given thousands of trainers the opportunity to shift from earning $15/ hour to $70/ hour and from helping 15 clients in a week to 80. We have line of sight to drive these results for millions of clients and millions of coaches. Revenue continues to grow above 30% month on month and we're building a world class product team to meet the demand and accelerate coach and client results.
A novel user experience makes these results possible and enables incredible unit economics + 60% gross margins for Kickoff. By lacing together AI that does 95% of the work, Twilio text messaging, video calling, and our coach/ client apps, we enable the coach to focus on the aspects of training that only a human can do - caring, supporting, and providing accountability to change behavior.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking to make our first design hire who will serve as the anchor of a world class design team. The Head of Design will help us develop elegant, effective, beautiful, intuitive tools that enable our clients to make meaningful behavior change. They will further hire and manage full time and contract designers while fostering our design culture to enable a truly world class user experience.
We are building a brand new type of business integrating messaging, live video, a coach app, a client app and a multitude of integrations to provide the most insightful, supportive, and convenient training system possible.
We need a visionary designer to invent an entirely new user experience for our novel approach.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- A solid portfolio of beautiful, intuitive consumer apps that we can test out ourselves
- A track record of designing amazing, elegant user experiences in the context of initial complexity and constraints
- World class user experience and interaction design skills
- 5+ years design experience
- Independence and the ability to manage large projects and structure complex solutions with minimal support
- Ability to hire and manage full time and contract designers to complete specific projects and scale our team as we continue to grow at break-neck pace
- Passion for our mission and for helping real people in the real world via technology
- Nice to have: Management experience
- Nice to have: World class visual design skills
- Nice to have: Fitness / wellness experience
Kickoff is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or race.