As Head of Design, you will lead a multi-disciplined team in creating products that will simply and elegantly earn the loyalty of our SMB client base. You’ll lead our growing team of designers and help craft not just our products, but our people and the way we design and build. On a typical day, you’ll work with and coach the team to solve complex design problems, give feedback in design critiques, and make strategic decisions with your co-collaborators in Product and Engineering.
- Collaborate with the CPO and your team to create and communicate a compelling long-term product design strategy and vision
- Lead the design process from problem definition to design implementation, using data to gain insights that help the process evolve
- Partner with product, engineering, marketing, and sales to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Guide product design towards customer-driven solutions derived from insights and solid design best practices
- Contribute to the design of the long-term product roadmap, ensuring that product design remains a core concern as Plastiq’s platform, products, and service offerings expand
- Create a team culture which expertly balances high design standards with high velocity output
- You have 10+ years of experience in Design, with 5+ years of experience leading or managing a design team
- Your portfolio reflects relevant design work, with examples executed by yourself and on a team that you led, that conveys an ability to ship successful products that people love
- A user-centered approach to designing software for people
- Experience working with engineers and product managers to drive strategy, vision, and execution
- Experience attracting and hiring design talent
- Comfortable juggling a wide range of responsibilities at the same time
- A collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others
At Plastiq, we’re committed to helping small businesses achieve their growth potential. The opportunity is huge, and the need is very real. With over 1 million customers and hundreds of thousands of vendors paid, we’re in a phenomenal position to make that happen. Most importantly, we have the team, the technology and capital to make our vision a reality. By accelerating our own growth potential, we will do so for small business owners as well.
Plastiq is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.