Head of Editorial Strategy and Operations Mozilla - Remote
Remote Design JobsRemote9d ago
Are you eager to build a better internet? Join Mozilla’s marketing team as Head of Editorial Strategy and Operations. You will report to our Global Head of Communications who is part of the leadership team under Mozilla’s Chief Marketing Officer.
You will own facilitating and executing work that supports and optimizes the multimedia content lifecycle. You will help drive a coherent and culturally attuned editorial strategy that contributes to the formation and execution of campaigns across marketing to attract new consumers and raise brand awareness. Your team will spotlight phenomenal content opportunities and execute on these using resources and expertise across the marketing organization. You will link cross-functional teams to prioritize content creation, drive workflow efficiency, and overall content performance. The successful candidate will demonstrate daily the ability to both strategize and conceptualize at a very high level, and “get your hands dirty” in the details to get things done.
- Develop and drive the editorial strategy for Mozilla Marketing that demonstrates the value of our family of products and services including Firefox, Pocket and emerging products.
- Orchestrate an editorial process, and build and own an editorial calendar based on a range of internal and external inputs that focuses Mozilla Marketing’s external communications efforts.
- Drive consistent and well-timed communications to consumers, while giving teams across the entire Mozilla organization visibility to marketing activities and messages.
- Lead creative brief development and use, working cross-functionally to gather the information needed to optimize asset creation, performance and measurement.
- Identify communications, content, partnership and advocacy opportunities.
- Establish content lifecycle management strategy and operations, from creation and editing through approvals, publishing/activation, auditing, measurement, curation and maintenance.
- Provide operational support, engage cross-functional participants and manage meeting and resource schedules, workflows and timelines.
- Aggregate and maintain inputs, including audience insights, personas, messaging, and competitive information and feedback from users and partners.
- Contribute to search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) initiatives with keyword optimization, content tagging and metadata management
- Provide and report on content measurement using Web analytics tools, marketing automation, content management systems and social media management tools; make recommendations for optimizing content quality, processes and activation channels
- Develop tracking reports & analyze program results and incorporate findings within the team and across the organization.
- Connect closely with global counterparts to identify and bring to bear regional strategies.
- Excellent copywriting, editing and presentation skills, sharp editorial judgment and sensibilities.
- Demonstrated ability in content creation, editorial, moderation or curation roles and influencer and partnership marketing.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and consensus-building skills – can work with cross-functional teams including upstream content contributors and downstream content activators.
- A track record of contributing to ground-breaking marketing programs that generate new users and use immersive web-based storytelling.
- Strong familiarity with a variety of inbound/outbound digital marketing, as well as paid, earned and owned channels.
- Analytical skills and experience to connect insights and data into meaningful messaging that connects with consumers.
- Success collaborating across time zones and cultural nuances.
- Ability to use a variety of measurement tools (e.g., global brand tracker, social media sentiment, paid media metrics, qualitative and quantitative research).
- People management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, English, journalism or other liberal arts or equivalent experience preferred.
Mozilla is a mission-driven organization of nearly 1,000 people that exists to keep the internet open and accessible to all. Working on our own, with Mozilla Foundation, and with like-minded communities, Mozilla Corporation achieves this end by building and investing in non-creepy products and services that build both social and economic value, and give people privacy and data-respecting alternatives to Big Tech.
Mozilla Marketing is a lean, agile organization of roughly 50 people whose size belies its power. This team supports multiple business units and projects in varying stages of lifecycle. With specialists in multiple subject areas this group operates as one team under the mantra that great marketing begins and ends with great content. You're laser-focused on attracting new users, and raising product and brand awareness by relentlessly developing, distributing and promoting compelling messages and stories through engaging and culturally relevant content.
Mozilla Communications is an arm of Mozilla Marketing comprising a three-pronged team made up of Public Relations, Social and Editorial. The tip of the marketing spear, this team earns buzz with ideas, strategies, partnerships and executions that speak to people about the things Mozilla does, says, and builds.
Editorial is a three-person team, led by the Head of Editorial Strategy and Operations. This team is master control for tracking outgoing content and messaging, gathering information internally, serving as a fulcrum between go-to-market efforts and consumers. This team conceptualizes and crafts content in all forms and helps to build two-way surrogate relationships that raise awareness and attract new users.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.