Head of Product Design Brightline - Remote
Remote Design JobsRemote8d ago
Brightline is on a mission to build a bright future for every child, bringing extraordinary behavioral health care to children and families.
We're in the middle of a behavioral health crisis that we can't ignore—especially not when it comes to our children. One in every five children has a behavioral health condition, yet up to 80% still get little or no help. Far too many families face insurmountable barriers when their child really needs help, and parents are too often left feeling alone and without the support they need. We can do so much better. That's why we're here!
Brightline is convening a team of leading clinicians, technologists, designers, business leaders, and creative thinkers to completely transform what behavioral health care looks like. Together, we're building exceptional technology and real-world care to bring a warm, supportive, and goal-oriented experience to families. And we're all here to help children and families thrive.
About The Role
We are looking for an exceptional product design leader who will drive user understanding, craft our online and offline user experience, define our product look & feel, and build scalable design systems for Brightline's products. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, this individual will establish the user research and design team and will create the end-to-end design process for our product experiences. This influential role will partner closely with other leaders spanning Product, Engineering, Clinical Programs, and Marketing.
- Build user understanding: Grow a culture of user feedback and deep understanding of the kids, families, and clinicians we serve. Be relentless in finding solutions that meet user needs, synthesizing insights and tying them back to the big picture.
- Craft well-loved designs: Roll-up your sleeves to create inspired workflows and prototypes, iteratively validate designs with users, and partner with engineering to deliver delightful solutions.
- Define the product vision collaboratively: Partner closely with Product, Clinical, Engineering, and Ops to articulate forward-leaning solutions for both our on-line and off-line experience, grounded in deep user insights and empathy.
- Establish the Design team: Set the vision for the Design team; this role will be the first full-time designer at Brightline and will have the chance to build the team. Define and champion new tools and processes that help us scale.
- Articulate a consistent style: Establish our product design style, and guide to a holistic and scalable design system that spans our user journey.
- Set and measure against goals: Establish measurable criteria for our user experience to learn and improve designs.
You will thrive at Brightline if you have:
- A passion for our mission to redefine behavioral health for children and their families
- 3+ years of experience building a design team and design systems
- Exceptional skills in collaboration and cross-functional partnership
- A demonstrated ability to balance effective and efficient roll-up-your-sleeves design work with influential leadership
- Outstanding written and verbal communication of design rationales and new product proposals
- An undergraduate degree is required, a related graduate degree is a plus
The interview process will require you to share your design portfolio. We're looking for a clear and well-structured portfolio that outlines the problems you were tackling, and the process you followed. Your portfolio should specifically highlight your and your team's software product design work.
The Brightline team is headquartered in the SF Bay Area. Though we have a preference for a locally-based design leader, remote applications will be considered.
Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.