Join us in changing an entire industry
We need you to help us shape the future of air freight! At cargo.one we believe that we can only win as a team, and we want you to make an impact with us!
What's the opportunity?
cargo.one is a product-first company. Guided by our objectives and key results (OKRs), we put an emphasis on designing outstanding user experiences all the while building a product that solves real problems.
As part of the product team, you will have the unique opportunity to work closely with all of our teams to shape the future of the air freight industry.
We expect you to be close to our customers, keep an eye on the things you build and always have the user in mind. At cargo.one, you will join a team that fosters a positive, diverse, hard-working and feedback-heavy culture, with a strong dose of playfulness.
We are a remote-first company and can work with you if you are based in one of the following countries (more countries are becoming available soon!)
What will I be doing?
- Develop our design vision and execute on effective strategies to drive the success of the cargo.oneproduct
- Build, lead and mentor the growing product design team, set up processes, prioritize and balance requests from different internal and external parties according to our overall company objectives
- Set, monitor and report on short-term and long-term team OKRs in alignment with our overall business strategy
- Coordinate all design activities across different projects and initiatives, and be part of the execution, ensuring consistency throughout
- Build and leverage data to understand how customers are using cargo.one as well as to monitor and optimize the performance of our activities
- Improve the UI and UX of our platform, as part of the design team, together with our product managers and our engineers.
- Use, evolve and take ownership of our design system in order to design experiences, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals for the platform
- Work in close collaboration with product managers and the product owner to inform and improve design processes
- Work closely with engineering to ensure that our implementation and user experience is of high-quality
What skills do I need?
- An outstanding portfolio of product designs, showcasing a solid understanding of how to create usable, accessible, and modular designs that can scale to millions of users
- Experience with concept creation for new functionalities. You know how to convert such a concept into solutions and experiences that solve problems.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Experience running user interviews and building relationships with users
- Experience in growing and leading teams, and over 10 years collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment and/or VC funded tech environment
- Experience partnering with Product Managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Experience with building software as part of a team. Ideally you worked with Scrum before.
- Experience writing and implementing design strategy & spreading design culture throughout the organisation
- Outstanding communication skills; excellent English
What I can expect from cargo.one
- The unique opportunity to have a serious impact on a growing organization combined with an extremely steep learning curve.
- The opportunity to take ownership of Product design at cargo.one, building up the team and defining the future growth too
- A competitive compensation package and plenty of room for career progression
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Work within a fully-remote setup
- We offer a budget that can be used towards setting up the home office.
- Company get-togethers
- If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, let us know.
Curious to know more?