Head of UX/Design Black Spectacles - Remote
Remote Design JobsRemote8d ago
Are you someone who naturally possesses the vision to drive big picture change and growth but also will tend to the details or process necessary to attain those goals? If so, Black Spectacles’ Head of UX/Design role may be the perfect opportunity for you to grow in your career!
At Black Spectacles, we’re a purpose driven company, aimed squarely at educating and inspiring architects across the world so they can thrive in their careers.
Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters.
We’re on the hunt for a User Experience Design Lead to build a team and develop a world-class design direction, vision and strategy for all aspects of Black Spectacles, including our software products (web & mobile), learning products and marketing materials.
- Establish and enforce visual & UX design direction for our software products, learning videos and our marketing collateral, ensuring design consistency across all departments.
- Build, manage and coach a new design team, from the ground up, of visual designers and UX designers to execute on your world class design direction for software, learning videos and marketing materials.
- Develop design processes and systems to be used across all variations of our software products, learning materials and marketing.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering and Product Management in an Agile/Lean and iterative fashion to ensure your proposed designs meet user needs and are feasible to implement.
- Tell the story of the customer, their jobs-to-be-done and create consensus around user outcomes. Continuously assess customer interaction points and recommend design improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Interface Design, User Experience Design, Graphic Design or related field
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience in UX design, UI design, information architect or similar role
- 7+ years of experience in a Graphic Design or Visual Design role, either in-house or agency
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite—specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop or like experience
- Experience working with HTML/CSS
- Exceptional design skills related to a broad range of print and digital deliverables
- Samples or portfolio of work demonstrating past experience required
- Experience designing for SaaS products a must
- Experience mentoring, coaching and guiding other less tenured Designers in best practices and methodologies.
- Must be able to travel to Chicago for quarterly team meetings
Nice to haves:
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Experience with wireframe tools, or ability to recommend one.
- 'Work from wherever' policy
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- Employee referral program
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Frequent team events & quarterly social gatherings
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.