This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Chicago, IL, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Washington, DC, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of learning experience designing, developing, and testing e-learning content
- Experience with authoring 3 or more learning authoring tools: Ex: Articulate, Camtasia, Premiere Pro, Lectora, Evolve, Canvas, HTML5
- Experience with learning design frameworks like ADDIE or SAM
- Master's degree in Instructional Design or similar field
- 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience writing and designing sales or digital marketing training materials for in-person or online delivery
- Knowledge of current and emerging adult learning theory and its application in corporate learning
- Ability to successfully influence stakeholders within a complex business environment
- Excellent critical reasoning, writing, and editing skills
About the job
The Go-To-Market organization within Google's Business Organization (GBO) provides business critical insights, ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive new initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
The Mastery team delivers measurable business results at scale by creating learning experiences that prepare Google and its partners for tomorrow. We shape the future of learning for Google and beyond by challenging the status quo and developing new experiences, technologies, and approaches. We define the competencies needed to succeed in a changing ecosystem.
As an Instructional Designer, you will collaborate with Curriculum Managers and Subject Matter Experts to design and develop learning experiences for Mastery’s many audiences. From instructor led trainings to e-Learnings, you will develop experiences to achieve results for our users and stakeholders. You will use data and design thinking to identify the best approach, and propose solutions that can scale to the Mastery team and our audiences.
You will be motivated to work independently with demonstrated organizational and communication skills. You will be comfortable working towards deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that demands flexibility, high quality, and creativity. You will collaborate across the Mastery team and with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure the greatest potential impact for our business objectives.
- Partner with Curriculum Managers to conduct needs analyses, build relationships with Subject Matter Experts, stakeholders, and users, and define program success metrics.
- Own the design of the overall learning experience design and advocate for appropriate learning solutions based on adult learning theory and instructional design best practices.
- Define learning objectives, research, write, design, produce, edit, quality assurance, and publish courses, assessments, and learning experience deliverables.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to secure and manage budget, resources, and technology to deliver on learning experience vision. Brief the visual design team and other partners based on program vision and team best practices.
- Own learning experience project plans from ideation to launch.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.