The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You have an analytical mind and a passion for the craft of research and UX experience, and you love exploring problems and learning new things. Empathy is your key driver, and you want to be a part of a collaborative environment whose teams care about the experiences they are creating and the impact they have on how individuals and companies operate to meet business objectives.
What is the primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
We need someone who feels comfortable working on high impact research initiatives to better understand technology experience, colleague sentiment and behavior within a complex enterprise ecosystem. You will succeed through creativity, collaboration, and prompt delivery.
We expect you to be able to work independently as well as with strong direction and collaboration with an international team of researchers, designers and product managers.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
· Understand the complex IT ecosystem and how technology experience impacts employee satisfaction, retention and overall well-being.
· Collaborate with stakeholders, designers and UX researchers to plan and execute research activities as needed;
· Translate business requirements into research protocols with clear goals and objectives.
· Gather user insights to inform decision-making within the broader CDTO organization.
· Participate and contribute to the validation of internal products from rough concepts to high-fidelity prototypes in collaboration with our design team.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As part of the Colleague Experience team, you will:
· Work with senior researchers to plan research proposals and prepare research protocols.
· Execute qualitative and quantitative research methodologies such as surveys, interviews, market research, persona work, journey mapping;
· Work with senior designers, researchers and UX managers to plan and lead usability testing and validation efforts for internal products;
· Identify opportunities for improvement of existing processes and tools through journey and empathy mapping techniques;
· Participate in ideation activities to improve and iterate on tool functionalities and internal processes.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The hiring manager for this role is Kremena Pehlivanova, UX Manager Colleague Experience. Kremena has worked for VMware for over 4 years and currently leads the Design team under the Colleague Experience which consists of 8 globally distributed user experience design professionals. The Colleague Experience team is internally-facing user-centric team with primary focus on business and productivity applications, user research, utilization of new technologies within the workplace and overall experience with IT services and tools.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
As an Intern, you will be supported with a comprehensive benefits package. You can view the complete intern benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.