The independent contractor - Jr. Graphic Designer at JuneShine will report to the Graphic Designer and Creative Director and work on projects such as brand identity, packaging, collateral including print and web, website design, social media, and marketing campaign design. They will collaborate with team members internally and externally to execute on multiple projects simultaneously. In all work, the Designer will ensure strategic, people-centric, bold, thoughtful, and detail-oriented design that solves client challenges in order to meet business outcomes.
The Task at Hand:
· Support the entire JuneShine team across a variety of design projects with a focus on sales and marketing materials, print and digital ads, event assets, merchandise
· Assist the Creative Director in editing photos for social media, websites, and POS
· Create highly-effective and beautiful designs across a variety of media (including, but not limited to, web and interactive, print, mixed media, photography, and typography)
· Contribute to discovering and creating strategic solutions to team challenges with a commitment to the underlying “why”
· Actively find solutions and answers independently as well as within a group setting
· Collaborate and communicate effectively with other designers and team members to achieve exceptional project outcomes
· Clearly and confidently articulate your ideas and concepts to team members and clients
· Solicit regular feedback to ensure design strategy is aligned with other project stakeholders
· Approach projects and concept development with strategic creative thinking
· Provide thoughtful design solutions after a thorough analysis of the problem and the audience you’re designing for.
· Prioritize work on multiple projects while staying organized, meticulous, and motivated
· Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
· Desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
· Prior freelance and or contract graphic design work preferred
· 3+ years of visual design experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic design or equivalent work experience
· Expert with industry-standard design tools (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator). Web design experience is a plus
· Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Proven experience building brand systems (identity and/or web)
· Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent presentation skills that encompass clear, compelling communications
· Proven ability to work cross-functionally with all agency personnel in developing plans, recommendations, and deliverables
· Well-developed typography skills (with knowledge of visual hierarchies)
· Strong conceptual and brainstorming skills
· Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
· Must be able to solicit feedback and provide constructive feedback to others
· Excellent listening skills, with the ability to understand the needs of the client and the intended audience
· Hourly, Full-Time
· Estimate 30-40 hours per week
· Duration: Three Month Contract
JuneShine Purpose: Honest alcohol for a healthier planet.
Our Business: Frustrated with the lack of alcohols that cater to our healthy, outdoors driven lifestyle, we decided to make our own. While most alcohols contain GMOs, high fructose corn syrup, and food coloring, we sought to make the healthiest, naturally sourced product. Our kombucha is a jun kombucha, made from green tea and honey, whereas normal kombucha is produced with black tea and sugar. We realized that we were not alone in seeking a natural alcohol. Beer preference is at an all-time low, and wine and spirits continue to see low digit year over year growth. The alcohol class exhibiting double digit growth is the near beer class (spiked seltzer, hard cider, etc).
Our Goals: Rapid growth, contingent upon two strict conditions: 1. We do not sacrifice quality of our product. 2. We do not sacrifice quality of our culture.
Our Culture: We derive much of our management policy from a book we give you upon hiring, ‘Let My People Go Surfing’, by Yvon Chouinard (founder, owner, Patagonia). Our policy is to allow workers flexible hours, provided the work gets done with no negative impact on others. Our ‘let my people go surfing’ policy demands that we hire very unique individuals; those with a combination of self-motivation, self-discipline, and energy.
JuneShine is a purpose-driven brand made up of an inclusive group of individuals with diverse backgrounds, passions, and beliefs. We hire self-motivated, independent thinkers, and those who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Bring your whole self to your craft at JuneShine, a proud equal opportunity employer.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs).