Junior Designer Major
Graphic DesignUS, Remote3 months ago
At Major, we make ad campaigns that aren’t boring. It’s all we care about, basically, and it ends up being pretty fun.
We’re looking for a junior designer to join us in this pursuit of not-boring advertising. Someone who has a killer eye and a strong opinion about what looks good. Someone who loves going down the rabbit holes. Someone who actually cares about pixel perfection. Someone who wants to bring ideas to the table, not just do what they’re told. Someone who is willing to tell us when our opinion is bad and why their opinion is good instead. Someone who loves design.
This is a contract position to start, with the opportunity to go full-time. You can do this job from anywhere as long as you’re available EST times.
What will you do?
- Work with us to make branding, mood-boards, script key visuals, decks, and pixel-perfect mockups for campaigns and pitches.
- Get exposure to campaign-level thinking and throw your own ideas in the ring
- Ensure concepts, rounds, and final files are accurate and error-free
- Be responsible for helping refine the design of projects
- Ensure design remains consistent with client expectations, campaign strategy, and client brand guidelines
What have you done?
- You have made enough diverse design work to populate a decently sized portfolio website that you can share with us
- You have developed a strong opinion on what looks good and are able to shift this perspective to accommodate different brand aesthetics
- You have mastered Adobe Creative Suite
- Ideally you’ve worked in an ad agency setting, but that’s not mandatory
- Basic motion and/or video editing skills are a plus, but not mandatory
Who are we?
We’re Major, a creative agency in Brooklyn that focuses on coming up with big ideas for ad campaigns and directing the creative that brings them to life. We’ve done these things for brands like Vimeo, Showtime, Smirnoff, Toyota, Asics, Birchbox, and Samsung.
major.agency / @majoragency