Yelp Studios is looking for a Junior Motion Graphics Designer to join our team. We strive to go beyond the expected, corporate video world and bring a humane quality to everything we produce. Our productions range from live-action testimonials, web ads and video blogs to animated tutorials, product launch announcements and social media shorts.
Under the direction of the Video Art Director and Motion Graphics Designer, you will create assets and occasional animations for live-action videos and fully-animated content. The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and be flexible with switching between designing and animating.
Where You Come In:
- You will focus primarily on design and provide animation support as needed
- You will take design cues/templates from the Art Director and create static assets for animation
- You will work closely with our Motion Graphics Designer and make sure they’re getting everything they need to set our designs in motion
- You will design text and graphic overlays used for lower thirds and video embellishments
- You will ensure quality and deliver a high volume of content with aggressive deadlines
- You will support Motion Graphics Designer by adapting/repurposing existing series-based animations for new episodes
- You will apply established guidelines and templates to create basic animations for tutorials, walkthroughs, lower thirds, in-house videos, end cards, etc.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have 2-4 years of Graphic Design experience in an agency or in-house environment
- You have the ability to be creative and technical while adhering to an existing style guide
- You are extremely detail-oriented, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- You have the ability to respond effectively and appropriately to creative feedback
- You have strong communication skills
- You have a solid understanding of short-form storytelling
- You are proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and have experience with Adobe After Effects.
- You can demonstrate a track record of producing high quality designs with a focus on getting small details right
- You have excellent design, layout, and typography skills
- You showcase a positive attitude and flexibility for last-minute changes
- You have experience creating assets for animation/motion graphics
- You have basic understanding of 2D character animations and rigging using After Effects & plug-ins (i.e. Rubberhose)
What You'll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental
- 15 days PTO (increases with tenure) and 11 paid holidays
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few.
We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.