Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day.
For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media.
Product Designer II
The Ad Platforms User Experience organization is made up of an inclusive team of Designers, Researchers, and Writers who are passionate about building beautiful experiences that work well for the people who use our products and services. We believe deeply in the power of a user-centered process to inform the direction of our designs, products, and services, and businesses.
We design and build the products and services that help marketers, publishers, and developers to build more meaningful connections with their audience, get better results, and grow through unique insights. Our products include measurement and analytics tools for more than a million app developers, marketing management tools for most of the largest brands in the world, revenue management for some of the most visited websites on the internet, and monetizable consumer experiences that reach more than a billion people across the globe.
A Little About the Role
As a Product Designer on the Ad Platform team, you will drive all design activities related to your feature area. Our team designs the products and services that help marketers to build more meaningful connections with their audience, get better results, and grow through unique insights.
We are responsible for all of the workflows, interactions, design systems, and interesting moments that make up our product's user experience.
You’ll be involved in nearly every aspect of the product development process and will be responsible for driving ideas from inception through execution and evaluation. You will work closely with a highly collaborative team of Product Designers, User Researchers, Product Managers, Marketers, Engineers, and business leaders to bring ideas to life.
A Lot About You
You have a strong Design background and passion for creating beautiful products that work well. You thrive on collaborating with cross-functional peers to bring clarity to ambiguous product and design challenges. You have proven experience taking broad concepts and turning them into something that is useful, valuable, and delightful to users.
You want to play a key role in developing and executing a creative strategy around user-centered design initiatives, mixing business and user goals to create awesome experiences for our users. An ideal candidate will also have experience designing simple experiences for a complex space that features a lot of interaction--data visualization experience is a plus!
- Collaborate globally with product management, engineering and other stakeholders to define design vision and implement intuitive user interactions with our products and applications
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Lead innovation with stunning visual designs and effectively communicate them through wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, etc. for final hand-off to engineering
- Present and justify design rationale and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Apply user-centered experience design practice and participate in regular user research
- Participate in multiple projects simultaneously from planning to launch
More About You
- Experience in product, mobile, graphic, interaction or information design
- Strong interaction design skills with the ability to document user experiences with task flow, user flows, process flows, UI flows, and user journey maps
- Knowledge in screen layouts, final production art, information design, typography, color, and composition
- Proficiency in Sketch, Invision, Framer, Principle, Keynote or other visual design, wireframing, and prototyping tools
- Experience working in an agile environment and with rapid prototyping
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and ability to defend design decisions
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Experience designing data visualization is a big plus
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the
Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events).
Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.