Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You are always ready to take complex problems and turn them into innovative solutions. You want to be part of collaborative team and work for a company whose products and services are utilized by most Fortune 500 company and significantly impact every industry.
This is an opportunity to join our EUC Design team where you can use your knowledge and skills into creating detailed design and interaction specifications. We are looking for a talented Product Designer who will bring new ideas and turn them into great solutions for our customers!
Success in the Role:
What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
You will be able to execute interaction design collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team, consult end-users and business stakeholders to help shape the product vision, define mobile and web UX standards to ensure a consistent experience across products, and participate in design review sessions with the team.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
This role will span multiple platforms, including iOS, macOS, Android, Windows, and Web.
As a Product Designer you will:
- Closely collaborate with product management to define and identify product requirements
- Work with the engineering team to innovate new and meaningful ways to ensure the product requirements are met
- Create wireframes, user task flows to communicate your vision, prototype interactions and resolve design trade-offs and implementation issues
- Interact with various internal and external stakeholders (customers, marketing and multidisciplinary development teams) to bring your vision to production
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
While Vmware is a big company, our division feels like a start-up and is fast-paced, iterative, exciting, and fun. Our next-gen products are bleeding edge and will push you to your creative limits. Forbes Magazine rated Vmware as the 3rd most innovative company in the world and the products you would be working on every day, support that!
The Hiring manager for this role is Andrew Munoz. The team is diverse and is made up of 8 professionals who share the passion for creating best designs for the company’s products. The team’s culture is one based on building trust, on-going development while maintaining a good work-life balance!
Where is this role located?
The role is considered flexible and will be a mix of working from a local Vmware office and remote depending on your preferences and the arrangements determined with your future manager. You will be expected to live within a reasonable non-daily commute of the office.
What are the benefits and perks of working at Vmware?
The EUC Design team designs and delivers innovative “consumer-simple” solutions to complex enterprise needs. Our team is expanding to help build the design strategy for VMware’s end-user-facing apps and services. We work on cutting-edge technologies to help simplify the user experience of our mobile applications which are used in many areas including mobile content management, email management , and enterprise social networking.
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes