Stitch Fix is transforming the way people find what they love. Our Product team has created unique, innovative software for customers, merchandising, styling, warehouse systems, and inventory management. We leverage customer data and user research to personalize our service and make smart bets. The result is a powerful offering to our customers and a successful business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We're looking for more outstanding people to contribute to our evolution.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Lead or Principal Content Strategist & UX Copywriter, you will be an integral partner to our Product, Research, and Product Design teams. You’ll craft high-level content strategy and deliver hands-on UX copywriting for our end-to-end product experience. You’ll also have the opportunity to help define the future of our product experience, and Content Strategy at Stitch Fix.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL…
- Develop the content strategy that evolves our product experience to drive adoption, engagement, and retention.
- Present content strategy and drive alignment among stakeholders and cross-functional partners.
- Partner with Strategy, Research, and Product to understand the business, product, and user goals; know what success looks like.
- Partner with Marketing to ensure the product content strategy works holistically with email and marketing channel content.
- Partner closely with Product, Research and Product Design to identify content needs and to craft UX copy throughout all phases of a project, from multiple concepts to final end-to-end experiences.
- Own all UX copy across the web and mobile app product.
- Write and edit UX copy that’s grounded in readability and usability principles and user research.
- Work with localization copywriters to provide guidance and ensure consistency across our customer experience.
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings and workshops for actionable outcomes; bring an inclusive mindset to your leadership approach.
- Work in an agile environment with a user-centered design process.
- Work with a team to plan, estimate scope, and manage your projects, aligning to quarterly roadmap priorities.
- Recommend and implement process improvements for effective collaboration and consistency of quality.
- Evolve the UX copy style guidelines, including best practices for common components of the product, and align with the Brand and Marketing teams to ensure consistency and quality.
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU…
- Have 5+ years (Lead) or 8+ years (Principal) of experience as a content strategist and UX copywriter for consumer-grade products on web and mobile app platforms.
- Have a portfolio that includes UX writing samples and style guidelines.
- Write product copy that inspires and guides customers into action, including positioning and copy for new features, transactional experiences, and microcopy.
- Have experience naming or labeling areas of a product, including new features and site navigation.
- Have outstanding communication skills and can clearly articulate your rationale for content or copy recommendations.
- Use customer journeys, data insights, and user research to inform and validate your work.
- Can juggle multiple priorities and navigate between strategic work and detailed execution.
- Demonstrate leadership, humility, and flexibility in cross-functional discussions that serve to align on smart product decisions.
- Are curious and continuously learning about how to engage customers and speak to their pain points.
- Have a growth mindset and a positive, action-oriented approach to work.
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE…
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind, and motivated by challenges. You can be your authentic self here and are empowered to encourage others to do the same.
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation.
- We are a technologically and data-driven business.
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of enabling everyone to “Be their best selves.”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively, and trying new things.
- We believe in autonomy and taking initiative.
- We challenge and develop ourselves, and we strive to have a meaningful impact.
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
- We value diverse thought and talent, and we strive to create an inclusive culture.
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day.
ABOUT STITCH FIX
We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on the trend. We believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self.