Lead Designer Indigo
UX UIBoston, MA, US, Remote2 months ago
We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming gurus who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge techies on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer.
Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the individuals who make up our community and enable success through diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinary and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game changers.
Do you believe that design can change the world? At Indigo you will have the opportunity to directly impact the future of agriculture by working on products that reinvent how crops are grown and sold.
We’re a quickly expanding UX team and we’re looking for a Lead Designer to help us create software solutions that allow farmers to use their agricultural know-how to limit the carbon impact on the environment. Indigo is constantly coming up with new product ideas and is looking for experienced designers to work collaboratively with key business stakeholders, product managers and developers to bring these ideas to life. If you thrive in fast-paced, start-up environments and are interested in the opportunity to own the design of end-to-end solutions that solve some of the most challenging problems facing modern farming, we’d love to talk.
- Own the vision and design implementation for large, complex projects including research, interaction, and visual design
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product using various design methods to tell the user story, bring clarity to ambiguity, and articulate design decisions
- Organize and facilitate feedback sessions from stakeholders and users, evaluate complex and potentially conflicting input appropriately, and synthesize into clear models that communicate strategic recommendations
- Collaborate closely with design peers to ensure project work fits into the users’ overall workflow and full product structure to create a seamless end-to-end experience
- Translate complex problems via design methods to create judiciously edited, simple solutions that successfully solve problems
- Present designs and insights to small and large audiences across the organization in compelling fashion
- Can thrive and remain a calm, voice of reason in a fast-paced, constantly moving environment
- Strong listener and communicator
- Patience, perseverance, and an ability to roll with the punches
- Keen design and behavioral judgement
- Lifelong learner with insatiable curiosity
- Exceptional ability to turn complexity into simplicity
- Leads projects independently but knows when to seek help from manager or others
- Can mentor and oversee junior designers’ work when appropriate
- Minimum 5 years, likely 7+ years professional experience designing for desktop and mobile products
- Experience leading complex projects from inception to completion
- Experience designing complex responsive software web applications
- Experience in an agile environment, working closely with Product and Dev teams
- Big plus for experience on projects with strong focus on behavior change
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.