Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
At Airbnb, we aspire to be the best possible host to our community of guests and hosts, empowering hosts to share their homes and enabling guests to find a deeper connection to the places they visit and the people who live there. Supporting the guests and hosts who use Airbnb everyday is critical to the success of our business.
As an Experience Designer working across Trust and Support, you will be responsible for designing a suite of proactive interventions, including education, defenses, and community standards, and upleveling the end-to-end support experience, providing clear and compassionate support and immediate resolution for anyone who needs help.
The ideal candidate is an experienced designer with strong systems thinking and communication skills, committed to shipping the best possible experience for our global community of guests and Hosts. Past experience with service design and/or inclusive design is a plus.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and/or Operations across multiple organizations (Trust, Customer Service, and Payments) to drive a cohesive and consistent strategy around trust and safety.
- Collaborate with Writing and Research to advocate for quality at scale, including accessibility, localization, and inclusion, and deliver world-class experiences.
- Responsible for the end-to-end design process, leveraging their product thinking, systems thinking, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills to deliver world-class experiences.
- Actively participate and contribute to our design culture (ex: sharing work in critiques, mentoring, recruiting, and/or participating in Learning & Development courses).
- Execute in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity.
- 8+ years of experience with end-to-end product design.
- Demonstrated excellence working across the end-to-end design process, leveraging their product thinking, systems thinking, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills to deliver world-class experiences.
- Systems-thinker with the ability to think beyond the pixels and design for offline experiences.
- Effectiveness in working collaboratively across organizational boundaries to align and influence strategy and roadmaps.
- Proficiency designing and shipping work across multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Desktop, Mobile Web) using Figma, Sketch, Adobe, Framer, and/or Principle.
- Excellent communication skills, especially communicating complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different stakeholders.
- Past experience designing on a platform team, such as Payments, Privacy, or Trust, or working on two-sided marketplaces.
- Past experience with service design and/or inclusive design.
- Past experience guiding others’ work, including leading complex initiatives, teaching, and/or mentoring.
The starting base pay for this role is between $152,000 and $207,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.