At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
The customer is at the center of everything we do at PayPal. As a leader in financial technologies, PayPal teams are cross-functional and inspired by the goal of improving the financial wellbeing of people and businesses around the world. Our cross-functional team of designers, researchers, engineers, and product leaders partner across the PayPal family of companies as one team to deliver unique and meaningful products for millions of customers around the world.
As a Product Design Lead within the Partnerships team, you will create meaningful and cohesive end-to-end experiences for merchants and partners globally. You will work alongside your cross-functional team members to influence decisions and ultimately deliver the best possible payments and commerce experiences for our enterprise merchants and partners around the world.
At PayPal, Product Designers influence teams to make customer-centric decisions across the product development lifecycle. This includes drawing on data and research to inform design concepts and decision making. We start with asking the right questions and end with optimized, best-in-class deliverables and that convince stakeholders and put the user at the center. Our designers are great storytellers, active listeners, technology enthusiasts and experts of their craft.
As a Product Design Lead you will be the voice of the customer. You will be responsible for the design methodology of one or more highly-complex or strategic product domains contributing to PayPal’s outcomes. And inspire others to continuously optimize our products. You will represent your domain to your peers, senior leader and execs across the wider organization. And you will actively mentor other designers and help lead cross-functional teams.
You will report to the Director of Design for Partnerships and be a member of our diverse Global Design Organization where we use our design and research skills to inspire and influence across the company. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds inside our team lead to innovation and inclusion in our product design. We advocate for meaningful and engaging experiences for our diverse global customers. We support each other, learn from challenges, and have fun along the way.Job Description:
- Contribute to PayPal's strategy and vision, leading designers in the conceptualization, execution and delivery of PayPal's product experiences, by applying a customer-focused, iterative design process
- Make design decisions based on insights and advocate for continuous learning and the inclusion of metrics
- Present compelling and actionable insights and recommendations to multiple teams and leaders across the organization
- Actively mentor and develop others and be an influential thought-leader within our UX community. Leverage your strengths to help others grow and inspire other designers to advance their skills and encourage big-picture thinking
- 8+ years’ experience and 3-4 years managing direct reports
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in the study of user experience, design, research or related fields
- Thorough experience across products and platforms, financial services expertise an advantage
- Master of the UX lifecycle with deep, direct experience in all skill areas and tools, including facilitation of workshops or other collaboration techniques to drive momentum and credibility within the organization
- Solid knowledge of story and backlog management tools