At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. We’re a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We’re guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. Collectively, these values inspire us to work together as One Team with our customers at the center of everything we do, and to take care of ourselves, each other, and the communities in which we live and work. We challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. Join us as we enable the hopes, dreams, and ambitions of millions of people around the world.
Job Description Summary:
The customer is at the center of everything we do at PayPal. As a leader in financial technologies, PayPal teams are cross-functional and inspired by the goal of improving the financial wellbeing of people and businesses around the world. Our cross-functional team of designers, researchers, engineers, and product leaders partner across the PayPal family of companies as one team to deliver unique and meaningful products for millions of customers around the world. As a Product Design Lead within the Partnerships team, you will create meaningful and cohesive end-to-end experiences for merchants and partners globally. You will work alongside your cross-functional team members to influence decisions and ultimately deliver the best possible payments and commerce experiences for our enterprise merchants and partners around the world. At PayPal, Product Designers influence teams to make customer-centric decisions across the product development lifecycle. This includes drawing on data and research to inform design concepts and decision making. We start with asking the right questions and end with optimized, best-in-class deliverables and that convince stakeholders and put the user at the center. Our designers are great storytellers, active listeners, technology enthusiasts and experts of their craft. As a Product Design Lead you will be the voice of the customer. You will be responsible for the design methodology of one or more highly-complex or strategic product domains contributing to PayPal’s outcomes. And inspire others to continuously optimize our products. You will represent your domain to your peers, senior leader and execs across the wider organization. And you will actively mentor other designers and help lead cross-functional teams. You will report to the Director of Design for Partnerships and be a member of our diverse Global Design Organization where we use our design and research skills to inspire and influence across the company. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds inside our team lead to innovation and inclusion in our product design. We advocate for meaningful and engaging experiences for our diverse global customers. We support each other, learn from challenges, and have fun along the way.
- Contribute to PayPal's strategy and vision, leading designers in the conceptualization, execution and delivery of PayPal's product experiences, by applying a customer-focused, iterative design process
- Make design decisions based on insights and advocate for continuous learning and the inclusion of metrics
- Present compelling and actionable insights and recommendations to multiple teams and leaders across the organization
- Actively mentor and develop others and be an influential thought-leader within our UX community. Leverage your strengths to help others grow and inspire other designers to advance their skills and encourage big-picture thinking
- 8+ years’ experience and 3-4 years managing direct reports
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in the study of user experience, design, research or related fields
- Thorough experience across products and platforms, financial services expertise an advantage
- Master of the UX lifecycle with deep, direct experience in all skill areas and tools, including facilitation of workshops or other collaboration techniques to drive momentum and credibility within the organization
- Solid knowledge of story and backlog management tools
For more than 20 years, PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 400 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying, or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.