SnackNation has rebranded itself Caroo as it experiences rapid-growth, expands its employee care offerings & launches a SaaS platform to pair-up with its direct-to-employee logistics solution. “We never saw SnackNation as a food or snack company. It was always an employee care company,” said Sean Kelly, Caroo’s CEO.
We now live in a work-from-anywhere economy. In this new world, employees and employers are facing new challenges. Work culture is rapidly evolving and leaders are trying to determine how to take care of their teams. Outdated and expensive employee care solutions focus solely on the physical office space and are one-size-fits-all. Only one option exists to provide economical, personalized care in the work-from-anywhere world, which requires data, AI and forecasting to be most effective and efficient.
To take advantage of this opportunity and leverage the company's current positioning and core competencies, Caroo is expanding beyond food and drink delivery to become a software-enabled employee care platform that will manage and deliver all of a company's tangible care needs. Over the past few months, the company has already signed up more than 3,000 new enterprise clients with their various wellness box solutions. A product-zeitgeist fit exists, and Caroo is focused on becoming the market leader in this new world of work.
Caroo curates healthier snacks, premium gifts, and team building experiences which it is delivering via its own software and technology platform. The shift comes after the dramatic shift to remote work due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Because work is far less office-centric, it has launched such products as an Inspire Collection and Amplify Box, products which are designed to help work-from-anywhere employees feel inspired, cared for, and appreciated. Those offerings include curated healthy snacks and beverages, gifts, and team-building experiences all designed to connect employees, recognize them (celebrations, anniversaries, birthdays, onboarding), and nourish them month-over-month.
The Caroo Product Management team is building the workplace of the future through data-driven applications and world-class experiences for our customers. As a Senior Product Designer, you will own the ways that we understand and communicate with our customers by conducting user research, understanding the competitive landscape, developing and testing UX and ultimately ensuring that our end results cohesively reflect our brand.
We’re looking for a talented self-starter to join our team as we focus on innovating the ways that we service and communicate with our members, leading the way to driving massive growth and adoption with our Caroo product lines.
Why You Should Consider This Job
This role is an exciting opportunity to craft new customer experiences at Caroo as we work to redefine how companies care for their people in the flexible enterprise world.
You’ll be a true partner on a fast growing team passionate about making the experience of managing team care beautifully simple.
This is a critical role that will require you to continuously collaborate with Product teams from discovery to development, ultimately owning the holistic user experience.
If you are customer obsessed and love having autonomy to pursue new ways to improve their experience, this job is for you.
What You'll Do:
- Produce design prototypes and specifications that turn broad, conceptual ideas into something useful and valuable for our users.
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant.
- Collaborate closely with Product Leadership to understand and inform the roadmap and goals, and translate those into a user testing roadmap which you will own.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product team.
- Conduct User Research to understand customer needs and identify pain points. Ideate and present solutions to meet those needs and resolve friction.
- Rapidly develop prototypes to support ongoing customer testing.
- Work closely with a Junior UI/UX designer to ensure that final designs are on brand and support a holistic user experience.
- Uphold the Caroo brand identity and collaborate with the Brand Creative team to help inform the evolution of the brand based on our customers’ evolving needs.
- Stay current with best practices, strategies and industry standards related to our field, seeking to continually raise our bar for quality.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of relevant experience designing, building, and shipping interfaces and experiences for web and mobile.
- You have identified and pitched opportunities to improve the customer experience, and developed those opportunities from ideation to design.
- You own a solid understanding of usability, UX, UI, motion, and interaction design and can share a portfolio that demonstrates this.
- You possess strong proficiency in tools such as Adobe Creative Suite / Creative Cloud, Sketch, as well as interaction software such as InVision, Origami, Atomic, or Marvel.
- You have prior experience with UX Research and methodologies (user research, usability testing, persona creation, customer journey mapping, etc.).
- You are comfortable in uncharted territories where design hasn’t historically found itself or where best practices aren’t already established.
- You collaborate well with engineers, product managers, and marketers, and are open to giving and receiving feedback and ideas.
- You demonstrate amazing written and verbal communication skills – you can effectively articulate, evangelize and defend your ideas to a variety of stakeholders.
- You have an eye for good design and are always on the lookout for current trends and emerging design.
- Mobile App experience a plus.
Life at Caroo
Caroo was founded to build a future of work where people feel connected wherever they are and companies can easily create their own unique culture that grows, adapts, and evolves just as they do.
Caroo’s mission is simple: To nourish and inspire people to do the best work of their lives. The company believes that when people feel seen, their talents shine. When people feel valued, they add value exponentially. And when people feel connected, there’s no limit to what they can achieve together. That’s why Caroo is obsessed with helping companies everywhere create meaningful moments of care that empower their teams to thrive.
Our commitment to delivering care and kindness starts with our own talented team and the communities we live in. Caroo is Great Places to Work Certified and has been named one of Entrepreneur’s Top Company Cultures. Our values center the whole human and empower our employees to care for their physical and mental wellbeing.
Caroo is a proud partner of Feeding America - donating meals to families in need for every Caroo product purchased. Since the partnership was established in 2016, Caroo has donated more than 17 million meals to families impacted by food insecurity.
Caroo is backed by venture capital firms like 3L Capital and has earned accolades in INC, Forbes, Fast Company. In two of the last three years, Caroo earned a spot on the Inc 5000’s list in 2018 and 2019 and was ranked the 2nd fastest growing company in LA. If you want to make an impact, take on a lot of responsibility and be a part of a thriving cloud culture, join us. We promise to help you grow professionally and personally, all while being surrounded by good people looking to transform the way companies care for their employees.
We’re Caroo. Welcome to the future of work!