Lead Product Designer Chief
ProductNY, US, Remotea month ago
Chief’s mission is to build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series A stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, and other top-tier investors. We’re headquartered in New York City, with membership open in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, and Washington, DC. Our flagship locations are in NYC, LA, and Chicago.
About The Role:
As a Lead Product Designer, you will partner closely with product managers, engineers, and the insights team to design innovative and elegant products and features across mobile and web. You will actively leverage user insights and use your interaction, visual, and product design skills to build end-to-end experiences for our members. This role is a critical hire for Chief as we scale quickly and will report directly into the Chief Product Officer.
- Drive the user experience of products from conception to launch as part of the product development team
- Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists to define problems and goals, determine product strategy, and launch and iterate on products for our rapidly growing user base.
- Design end-to-end flows and experiences across mobile and web (using wireframes, mockups, user journeys, and interactive prototypes)
- Think creatively to design innovative, high quality product solutions
- Communicate and present designs and design rationale to senior leadership and cross-functional teams and gain alignment
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in end-to-end product, interaction, and visual design
- An excellent communicator and collaborator. You love partnering with other designers as well as different people across functions
- A user-centric problem solver. You care deeply about people’s motivations and behaviors and can leverage user insights to develop innovative products & features that solve core needs
- A strategic systems-thinker. You love to create elegant experiences considering each element of the user journey
- A lover of craft. You think beyond the pixels to create high quality experiences for users
- Demonstrated ability to help a team navigate loosely defined problems and complexity into a cohesive vision and strategy
- High proficiency in Figma
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment and passionate about our vision to change the face of leadership
Why You’ll Want to Work Here:
- We’re a mission-driven company driving real change for women in business
- You’ll be part of an early startup and deliver impact on a rapidly growing business
- Opportunity to attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of industry and icons
- Competitive base salary, 401(k) plan, unlimited vacation policy, and full medical, dental, and vision packages