Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you love complex problems, helping people find exactly the right product solution, and making it seem simple? Atlassian has an extraordinary opportunity for you! We are searching for a Senior UX Designer to join our Confluence Team.
Atlassian is one of the fastest-growing software companies globally, with millions of customers across our products (Jira, Confluence, and Trello, to name a few). We're continuing to invest heavily in a bid to bring out the best in every team. We're growing our design team globally and searching for hardworking designers and design leaders.
About the role:
We're searching for a Lead Product Designer in the US (Remote) to join the Atlassian Confluence team, focusing on Onboarding across Confluence. This individual will work closely with all our confluence teams to design and build experiences that help customers make their teams more effective and make better decisions based on what they need. This individual will also collaborate with all the Atlassian teams to ensure consistency and a unified vision for the space.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Work closely with product managers, engineering, and other cross-functional partners to define product strategy and champion the user experience in our product.
- Flex your storytelling and collaboration muscles, working as a part of a collaborative team
- Facilitate workshops with engineers and product managers to establish project scope and explore potential solutions to identified challenges
- Experimenting, testing, and optimizing to create delightful, frictionless, and tailored end-to-end experiences
- Influence and build how we approach our work, ship products, and drive the roadmap.
- Be the driver and owner for the complete user experience, from early-stage research and ideation, through implementation and iteration based on key success metrics.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Ideally, you have 10+ years of hands-on professional experience as a UX Designer or Product Designer. Even better: you've got experience with SaaS, or complex enterprise applications.
- You have a track record of delivering outcomes. We'll ask for specific examples where you've planned and driven product direction autonomously.
- You can lead and inspire others. You have experience and can show examples of when you built consensus with cross-functional peers, key partners, and executives across a business to influence a result. Similarly, outside of work you are an authority in your domain and share ideas with your industry peers.
- As a very senior member of the product design team, you inspire and mentor your more junior colleagues. Sharing processes, skills, and experience with others to help up-skill the entire team.
- You are a master of the craft, validated through Conceptual Thinking & Modeling, User-centeredness and analysis, and Technical & Product Knowledge.
- A strong storyteller, you’ll also need strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes.
- Importantly, you have strong execution skills too and are adept in modern tools such as Figma, Mural, & Keynote.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians drive our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.