Hulu’s Product Design team, Personalization, is seeking a Lead Product Designer that can join us as we craft a more tailored experience for every type of viewer (live or on-demand, impaired or power-users, younger or older), on every type of device, for every type of content; past, present or future. We will be the vehicle that bridges watching traditional TV with the future of streaming video. We are looking for a human-centered design-thinker who loves research and who has a passion for crafting media experiences. Bring your love for TV, movies, interaction design, and UX to a team who's dedicated to personalizing our viewers’ experiences.
The ideal person will thrive in a setting that values design strategy and research, constant cross-functional collaboration, outside-the-box concepting, and transparency without ego. This individual excels at getting groups of cross-functional teammates excited and invested in solving problems.
We’re seeking an experienced Project Lead who can obsess over the details but can also be an inspiring leader for the big picture. Someone who wants to build a world class product that makes Hulu stand out as the best place to watch TV. From building friendships and partnerships with Product Managers, to sprint planning with fellow designers. From building research strategies with our Research team, to white-boarding ideas with developers, you’ll use your strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple teams across the company.
Join us and you’ll be part of a team who loves to have fun, think big, and thrives on being at the intersection of Tech and Entertainment.
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our teams focus on listening to users, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll provide the thought leadership to develop the right product strategy. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Mentor other members on the team, on how to approach design problems, gather feedback, and drive projects for impactful outcomes.
- A senior-level designer with 5+ years experience working in a consumer product focused environment
- An experienced cross-functional project lead that values inclusiveness, decisiveness, and the ability to scope and breakdown product design work.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating team-based work
- A deep arsenal of design tools (Figma, Sketch, InVision, Framer, Mural, Keynote)
- Proficiency in user-centered design thinking methodologies
- Outstanding visual design aesthetics combined with holistic UX
- A strong drive in overcoming obstacles to make a product successful
- An understanding of acquisition & conversion, data-informed design
- Ability to articulate, negotiate, and refine design solutions with cross-functional partners
- Excellent prioritization and documentation skills