Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we're able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further.
We're looking for a Lead Service Designer to become a strategic CX partner to empower and multiply the impact of our engineering teams.
In our Service Design team, our north star is to provide an opinionated paved path for the most common use-cases; reducing friction and cognitive load when following the recommended standards.
This Lead Service Designer will engage heavily with our internal or external customers, extensively map the journeys and touch-points, and work strategically towards a roadmap that will deliver a frictionless end to end experience.
You will help bring empathy for our customers and drive more clarity to our decisions, processes & tools. You will be deeply involved in the entire design process from helping define vision and strategy through final decisions and execution. Your responsibilities are key to unlock our teams easily and effectively deliver consistent services and experiences across all Atlassian products.
Your future team
What team is this you ask? The Data and Cloud Infrastructure orgs support a wide number of backbone products and services for Atlassian's internal teams worldwide. With the mission of "Better Engineering, Better Decisions" we are investing heavily on providing a strong foundation as we prepare for significant growth in the next two years.
Customer Experience as a whole is in the early stages across these two organisations where there are already dozens of engineering teams and hundreds of people. The roles within Customer Experience, including Design, Research and Content Design, are critical in partnering with Product, and Engineering to determine the direction of these two organisations that are heavily technical and complex.
What you'll do:
- You'll report to the Head of Experience Design for Team Data & Cloud Infra
- Define the strategy and vision to support a world class organisation
- Plan, facilitate and utilise customer research to build the teams' understanding & empathy for their core customer groups
- Partner on strategic objectives for improving efficiency, impact and experience
- Identify challenges, opportunities & risks and define a holistic end-to-end experience at Atlassian
- Map E2E journeys to define a clear flow through tooling, team interactions and touch-points that embody the experience of an Atlassian
- Drive a customer-centric perspective for our roadmap and journey towards a 'paved path' experience north star
- Facilitate workshops with engineers and product managers to establish project scope and potential solutions to the identified problems in the most effective way
- Provide teams with mentorship, direction, leadership, and support vital to ensure that they're able to accomplish their goals
- Contribute to the evolution of our emerging service design practice and community across the business
What you'll bring:
- Have 6+ years proven experience in service design, in a B2B enterprise environment
- You'll bring a high degree of influence with internal partners including senior leadership
- Have a strong experience with making people better and educating others about service design
- Worked collaboratively with Product Design, Content Design & User Researchers and know how to lean on the strengths of each discipline to move work forward
- Support and guide your counterparts in constructive ways that encourage, energise, and increase their quality of work
- Have an understanding of how design can help drive business goals
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.