Lead Service Designer New Relic
UX UIBarcelona, Spain, EU, Remotea month ago
Do you love solving problems at scale and applying your deep love of complex systems, research, and design? We're looking for a seasoned Service Designer with strong analytical and creative skills, and a penchant for rich technical complexity.
You'll have the exciting opportunity to help establish our emerging service design function at New Relic while working on our most pivotal initiatives. You'll work across the entire product suite with diverse teams and executive stakeholders to coordinate and deliver experience solutions that the world's best engineering teams rely upon. Additionally, you'll have the ability to impact and mentor the UX community and vision during an exhilarating period of growth.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate across multiple teams to provide strategic direction on service design to improve the delivery objectives
- Champion a developer-centric experience via the gathering of user research and analytics insights to ensure developer needs are met with consideration of the developer tools and observability space
- Apply both big-picture design thinking and attention to detail to complex technical issues in a fast-paced environment
- Analyze customer feedback to understand pain and failure points to address improvements
- Partner closely with the User Research team to understand the needs of both users and stakeholders and communicate them in an engaging and measurable way
- Produce design artifacts like service blueprints, customer journeys, or experience maps that actively promote good design rationales with the team and partners
- Connect with diverse individuals across the organization to extract relevant information, run workshops, and rally stakeholders to agree with the proposed design approach
- Be a service design champion and promote the value and standard methodologies across the company
- 7+ years of related experience, ideally in enterprise software, developer tools, or SaaS B2C or B2B products, and at least two years as a Service Designer
- Adept at working in an agile, fast-paced environment to deliver high-quality work
- Competent at conducting user interviews, performing generative and ethnographic research, as well as competitive analysis, and data mining.
- Adept at gathering and synthesizing user, technical and stakeholder needs and then translating those to compelling solutions that drive results.
- Expertise designing systems across multiple services and touchpoints whilst delivering the simplest of outcomes based on evidence
- Portfolio showcasing your best work
- Experience working with global teams distributed across different time zones
- Ability to be self-managed: working with minimal requirements and oversight while persuading others
- Strong communication and presentation abilities (English-language)
- An advanced degree in Design, Service Design, HCI, or a related field
- An understanding of cloud infrastructure and associated platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience working in SaaS or enterprise software
- An understanding of data systems and models
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move.
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.