Amazon Web Services (AWS) works to enable our users to harness the power of the cloud. Our customers go from Netflix to your next-door neighbor. The AWS Design System team is responsible for unlocking the power of AWS by creating a shared and consistent design foundation, a library of re-usable user interface components, and a set of tools that allow AWS teams to build interfaces using modern web standards, while complying with usability and accessibility guidelines.
We are a diverse team of developers and designers, passionate about innovation. We love to solve problems and define a new user experience. If you want to work on some of the world’s biggest design and development challenges; if you want to make tools that builders will use to create the great products of tomorrow: join our team.
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Due to the Covid-19 situation, our team currently works from home. We are flexible and sensitive to how each of us prefers to structure their days.
This position does not involve on-call responsibilities.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. We encourage participation in internal and external conferences and training.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. This allows each of us to grow as individuals, and it ensures that we have wide perspectives to build a product that delights our diverse customers. We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive and inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
· Lead the design of useful, usable, and desirable design patterns in a team environment. Work with leadership in design planning and goal creation.
· Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
· Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
· Facilitate the design process, present and iterate on design solutions.
· Craft, pitch, and validate long-term design strategies.
· Continually iterate and evolve the way we design for and learn from our customers.
· Chart a course for yourself and others in ambiguous situations. Mentor and develop designers within your own organization and beyond.
· 8+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar design-related role.
· An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables (personas, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes) is required to apply for this role.
· Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience.
· Experience working in direct collaboration with product leadership, development managers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
· Experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for complex web applications and/or workflows with tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
· Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Experience working on Design Systems.
· Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
· Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps.
· Experience owning large-scale projects, communicating timelines, and working with stakeholders to plan and execute programs that are strategic in nature.
· Bachelor or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.