Lead UX (Product Experience) Designer Zwift
UX UILong Beach, CA, US, Remote 2 months ago
About the role and about You:
You will join a fast-growing team of UX / Product Experience Designers to help lead our mission to elevate Zwift’s core experiences across game, app and web.
As a Lead UX (Product Experience) designer you are responsible for strategic and tactical experience design in high scope product areas that are both complex and ambiguous. You will work within and across teams and platforms to ensure there is a clear experience vision, aligned with user and business needs, and create in-depth end-to-end product experiences that have a deep impact on our users.
These spaces will encompass multiple features and span multiple teams. You will work closely and collaboratively with other teams, stakeholders and designers across the organization to achieve these goals. Through these efforts, Zwift will deliver a user experience that becomes a point of competitive differentiation.
What you’ll do:
- Work with product managers, designers, engineers and other business teams on high scope projects and feature sets to craft high quality, industry-leading experiences and solve large scale design problems
- Create big-picture experiential strategies and design solutions that ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points
- Work with Director of UX Research to plan and conduct user tests and research strategy, and develop a deep understanding of consumer’s mindsets, attitudes, & behaviors - and use that feedback to guide refinement/improvement
- Communicate your data-informed vision and design rationale to teams and cross-functional stakeholders
- Partner with Product, Program, Game, and Engineering to break down those experiences thoughtfully for teams to be able to ship value incrementally
- Pull from your breadth of expertise in UX methodologies across all phases of the product development process: discovery, research, design, build, iteration and analysis
- Predict, identify and resolve experience design issues that could impede the overall user experience in your area
- Deliver appropriate level of design artifacts in order to create shared understanding and alignment throughout the product discovery and development process (storyboards, journey maps, user flows, wireframes, mockups, rapid prototypes, etc.)
- Direct and guide the work of less experienced designers within your Product teams, both in terms of appropriateness and quality of their UX outputs, as well as mentoring and coaching to grow and develop their skills
- Work collaboratively with Product Design & UX leadership to establish and iteratively evolve experiential and UI consistency and quality across the Zwift ecosystem (game, Zwift Companion app, web, etc)
What you'll have:
- 7+ years of experience in interaction design, UX design, product design, service design, or related field successfully designing complex user experiences applied to games/desktop apps/mobile apps (designing product experiences that include software and hardware and multiple platforms is a definite plus)
- Able to thrive in a cross-functional Agile work environment, including the ability to embrace iterative product development while maintaining a cohesive and holistic view of the overall user experience
- Deeply collaborative and can bring teams together to solve problems
- Strong knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Effective communicator, presenter, negotiator and facilitator
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with others and diplomatically resolve conflict
- Proficient with industry standard UX techniques and tools and consider yourself a lifelong learner
- Strong understanding of user journeys, use-cases, user flows, and information architecture
- Experience with user testing, A/B testing, and design-thinking methodologies to guide and inform outcomes
- Ability to thrive in fast paced, team-oriented, start up environments where learning and adapting is the norm
- Comfortable with ambiguity and have shown an ability to bring clarity and structure to a complex system or customer experience challenge
- You have deep enthusiasm for, and/or experience in, cycling, fitness, or video games
- Experience delivering results while working remotely with geographically distributed teams
- You consider yourself a systems thinker and you can give us good examples of why that’s the case
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.