Smartling is the language translation company that enables global organizations like InterContinental Hotels Group, FedEx, SurveyMonkey, and hundreds of other brands to connect with their worldwide customers in their native language. Our software and language services approach uniquely positions the company and its customers to effectively translate all of its content across the enterprise.
Smartling is seeking a Lead UX/UI Designer for a remote, work from home position, located anywhere in the continental United States.
Tasks at Hand
- Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and other stakeholders to deliver highly usable and efficient software UI and UX specifications
- Participate in discovery sessions with end-users and customers
- Deliver high fidelity user flows, wireframes, and prototypes
- Work within and help build out our design system
- Lead and mentor design team
- Help develop and maintain user personas
- At least 6 years as a designer for software applications
- At least 2 years mentoring other designers
- Proven ability to deliver designs, prototypes, and research within aggressive deadlines
- Proficiency with Figma and strong understanding of modern web app development
Nice to Haves
- Technical understanding of HTML, CSS, and front-end web application development
- Ability to advocate design's role and contribution to the company with colleagues
- Degree or certification in Human-Computer Interaction, Information Design/Architecture, Psychology, or Anthropology
- Results-focused. You need to be able to transform complex business rules into simple, easy-to-use interactive experiences
- Customer-focused. You can empathize with the diverse users of our platform
- Inquisitive. You are eager to conduct research and analyze data to understand the goals and motivations of the users
- Growth-Mindset. You are comfortable debating design decisions and accepting criticism and change requests from all stakeholders
- A Leader. Ability to lead cross-team design reviews and present designs to senior leadership
What matters to Smartling?
Two things - our clients and you. We believe that work is one of the most important parts of our lives, therefore we believe in a winning culture and great benefits:
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock purchase plan
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit
- Take a break when you need it – Flexible PTO
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Life benefits for you and your family
- FSA/HSA and 401(k) plan
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits (tri-state area)
Smartling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No third-party recruiters.