Lead UX Writer Indigo
WritingBoston, MA, US, Remote2 months ago
We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming gurus who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge techies on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer.
Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the individuals who make up our community and enable success through diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinary and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game changers.
Ready to have a big impact on the world? We’re a quickly expanding UX team looking for a Lead UX Writer to help us build products that allow farmers to use their agricultural know-how to limit carbon impact on the environment. If you’re a passionate writer, natural collaborator, and thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment, and you’re interested in owning the full product copy experience aiming to solve some of the most challenging problems facing modern farming, we’d love to talk.
- Shape the product experience through strategy, tone, and language
- Own and implement style guides and content frameworks
- Define processes for how to collaborate and coordinate with the writing team
- Create in-product messaging, navigational language, promos, error messages and features throughout the product
- Manage junior UX writers, advise UX team members on best practices
- Write, edit, and test language that makes Indigo Carbon intuitive, with a strong focus on turning complex, often heavily-technical explanations into human-friendly, straightforward prose
- Collaborate with UX, Marketing, Product, Customer Success, Product Marketing, and other stakeholders to ensure farmers receive a resonate, appropriate, and consistent message that drives results across different channels
- Passion for writing and advocating for the importance of language in designs
- Ability to edit ruthlessly
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Thrives and remains a calm voice of reason in a fast-paced, constantly moving environment
- Strong listener and communicator
- Keen judgment
- Lifelong learner with insatiable curiosity
- Exceptional ability to turn complexity into simplicity
- Leads projects independently but knows when to seek help from manager or others
- Minimum 7 years professional experience writing for complex products
- Minimum 2 years managing UX writers
- Experience leading complex projects from inception to completion
- Experience writing for agricultural audiences
- Big plus for experience on projects focused on behavior change
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.