Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in graphic design, including branding and visual storytelling.
- Experience using Google Slides for design.
- Demonstrated ability to work and maintain good judgment in fast-paced and high-stress environments.
- Ability to lead and act as a teacher/mentor to colleagues.
- Ability to solicit feedback, incorporate it quickly, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact confidently with executives.
- Attention to detail and exceptional project management, negotiation, and organizational skills.
About the job
As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We're looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
As a Lead Visual Designer, you'll create and lead a community of visual storytellers across Global Communications and Public Affairs. You will demonstrate how to use visual design to tell compelling stories.You'll establish and share best practices with colleagues, and use your domain expertise to help them become better visual thinkers and designers. In this role, you will also leverage your considerable visual expertise to tell stories across Google's internal channels.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, Communications, Marketing, Product, and beyond.
- Establish visual/aesthetic consistency across central communications channels.
- Design beautiful presentations and visuals to help tell stories at central communications events and meetings.
- Oversee internal sites page design and management.
- Oversee design elements across written forms (i.e., internal communications and email campaigns).
- Partner with global teammates and executives across multiple locations and time-zones.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .