Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn moreabout what this can mean for you.
At Shopify, our mission is to make commerce better for everyone. To do that, we rely on a team of outstanding people who are committed to getting better at what they do each and every day.
Shopify’s Global Technology Services Enablement supports a team of technology focused consultants working with high value merchants and their commerce partners to best leverage the Shopify playform. Helping these consultants to have impact through team and role-specific creative learning offerings to add value to our merchants is something we are deeply passionate about. We’re learner obsessed! Now, we’re ready to grow our learning capabilities in a digital-first workplace to up our game in supporting the Technology Services group with the help of a (Digital) Learning Experience Designer.
The Global Technology Services Enablement Team is looking for someone to pioneer and build out the learning design in a rapid-growth environment. You will build strong relationships with cross functional teams and regions to tap into learning needs effortlessly. Being committed to learning and adding value/impact, you understand the multiple approaches we need to consider and utilize for our learners.
Knowing that we exist in a digital-first workplace, you are comfortable leveraging technology to increase engagement, accountability and application/implementation. You have in-depth knowledge of a variety of eLearning authoring tools and digital resources. You are constantly researching new technologies and approaches, staying up-to-date on industry innovations and learning best practices. You understand the power of data and have great ideas for developing and deploying success metrics. Most importantly, you live and breathe UX and UI, and love nothing more than getting your hands dirty with designing creative and impactful (digital) learning experiences.
- Develops and advises on the overall framework and design of courses, ensuring alignment with learning needs
- Collaborates with necessary stakeholders to establish objectives and goals of learning programs
- Collaborates with the pertinent leaning teams and subject matter experts to execute courses, and maintains existing learning programs, ensuring up-to-date learning materials, training, clarity etc
- Creates meaningful, applicable experiential learning with lasting impact
- Conducts quality assurance assessments on courses and provides trends and insights to Lead
- Continuously drives leading-edge digital-first innovations into learning experience solutions
- Extensive experience designing and developing learning experiences
- Experience in creating microlearning programs
- A passion for creating digital learning experiences and communicating their value
- A portfolio demonstrating your success in learning, digital learning, graphic design, illustration, and/or animation
- A passion for design thinking and learner experience design/development
- Fluency in developing accessible digital content and testing digital assets for accessibility
- In-depth knowledge of anti-bias, diversity, and cultural awareness in the creation of digital learning experiences
- Measurement and evaluation of learning
- Edutainment experience is an asset
If you are feeling up for the challenge, here's a little extra assignment:
As a learning experience designer, you will be tasked with designing genuine, engaging and experiential digital learning programs across Shopify. Please share with us a thoughtfully designed digital learning session! The brief is to create a learning program focusing on a topic of your choosing for an audience who has A LOT of things to do. Your delivery must give them high value for time. Capture a 3-4 minute video walkthrough or submit a work sample/storyboard of the learner experience. GO!
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2020 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
This posting will close November 30th 2021, at 12:01am EST