Manager, Design Systems Instacart
ProductUS, Remote2 months ago
United States - Remote
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Design Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone and finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Instacart Design System is in a period of rapid growth and evolution, and we’re looking for a leader who is excited to take on the challenges that come with a maturing design system: driving adoption, evaluating system gaps, improving communications, aligning design and code, and scaling to meet all product and platform needs.
As the Manager for the Design Systems team, you will advocate for and evangelize the system across the broader organization and establish a close partnership with cross-functional leaders. You will drive the overall program and project management of the design system, including scoping and prioritizing system updates, planning and roadmapping, defining quarterly goals, and managing both design and engineering resources.
You will be leading a team of Product Designers and Engineers who are passionate about the design systems space and its ability to drive internal efficiencies and user experience alignment. We need someone who loves the challenge of enabling great work within a fast-paced, ever-evolving technology startup. You should know what it takes to keep a team inspired and motivated in their work, and able to see how their individual contributions connect to the bigger picture – the company, and beyond to our end users. You embody the perspective that our success hinges upon the success of the team, and you’re passionate and proactive about encouraging them, coaching them, and offering critical yet constructive feedback.
- 6+ years of experience in digital product design with 1+ years of experience working on Design systems.
- 2+ years of people leadership experience, leading the work of UI/UX and product designers
- Proven success influencing product and design decisions based on qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Experience setting team goals (OKR, GSD, etc.) and leading your team to deliver on them each quarter.
- Pride yourself on unparalleled collaboration and communication skills and you look forward to partnering with PMs, engineers, and designers to create beautiful products in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to communicate and present ideas clearly.
- You lead with passion and vision, and you can energize others to deliver excellent results while keeping them happy and engaged
- Experience with building, hiring and mentoring high performing teams
- Reliable self-starter who can provide leadership to multiple projects with minimal oversight