Hulu’s Product Design team is seeking a Product Design Manager who will be an outstanding addition to our team. You'll lead a hardworking design team, focused on crafting human-centric experiences for the discovery user journey that positively impacts some of the most important parts of Hulu. The right person for this role must have experience in developing both holistic and future-forward experiences and a demonstrated ability to inspire and mentor designers to push the boundaries, as well keeping focus on optimizing the details of current experiences.
As a design leader, you will be encouraged to use your full range of product, interaction, systems, and visual design skills to raise the craft of your team, and guide them through the end-to-end development cycle.
We are looking for candidates that want to work with a groundbreaking, award-winning design team. Join us and you’ll be part of a growing team taking acquisition, activation and business growth at Hulu to the next level.
What you bring
● 3+ years experience building or leading teams of full-time designers
● 7+ years of product design experience
● Experience working with growth initiatives in some capacity
● Ability to cultivate a positive environment for outstanding designers, and continually raise the bar for quality and innovation.
● Clearly articulate your team's design decisions to internal partners
● Demonstrated experience and expertise in high-level product design strategy ● A strong understanding of user-centered design principles and design thinking practices ● Distinguish between ‘good’ and ‘great’ work and are able to design experiences that are simple, elegant, and forward-thinking
● Add to an inclusive design culture and attract world class talent
● You’re a fantastic communicator!
What you’ll do
● Manage a team of ICs at different stages of development. This requires setting clear goals, managing project loads and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success.
● Provide clarity when it’s needed, help your ICs work more effectively and encourage them to implement the most desirable design solution.
● Guide your team to develop processes for ensuring a high bar of quality. ● Set the strategy and vision for your area of ownership, offer a strong product and design voice with your cross functional partners.
● Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering and user research to ensure a smooth product development process.
● Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process.
● Evangelize a culture of design thinking, continuous learning and constructive critiqueAbout Hulu:
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.