Hulu’s Product Design team is seeking a Product Design Manager who will be an outstanding addition to our team. You'll lead a hardworking design team, focused on crafting human-centric experiences for the discovery user journey that positively impacts some of the most important parts of Hulu. The right person for this role must have experience in developing both holistic and future-forward experiences and a demonstrated ability to inspire and mentor designers to push the boundaries, as well keeping focus on optimizing the details of current experiences.
As a design leader, you will be encouraged to use your full range of product, interaction, systems, and visual design skills to raise the craft of your team, and guide them through the end-to-end development cycle.
We are looking for candidates that want to work with a groundbreaking, award-winning design team. Join us and you’ll be part of a growing team taking acquisition, activation and business growth at Hulu to the next level.
What you bring
● 3+ years experience building or leading teams of full-time designers
● 7+ years of product design experience
● Experience working with growth initiatives in some capacity
● Ability to cultivate a positive environment for outstanding designers, and continually raise the bar for quality and innovation.
● Clearly articulate your team's design decisions to internal partners
● Demonstrated experience and expertise in high-level product design strategy ● A strong understanding of user-centered design principles and design thinking practices ● Distinguish between ‘good’ and ‘great’ work and are able to design experiences that are simple, elegant, and forward-thinking
● Add to an inclusive design culture and attract world class talent
● You’re a fantastic communicator!
What you’ll do
● Manage a team of ICs at different stages of development. This requires setting clear goals, managing project loads and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success.
● Provide clarity when it’s needed, help your ICs work more effectively and encourage them to implement the most desirable design solution.
● Guide your team to develop processes for ensuring a high bar of quality. ● Set the strategy and vision for your area of ownership, offer a strong product and design voice with your cross functional partners.
● Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering and user research to ensure a smooth product development process.
● Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process.
● Evangelize a culture of design thinking, continuous learning and constructive critique