Based in Seattle, Subsplash is an exciting award-winning team of 190+ mission-driven people who are committed to our core values of humility, innovation, and excellence.
Founded in 2005, we’ve pioneered the market with the first ever church mobile app. Since then, we’ve been working together to build The Ultimate Engagement Platform™ for churches, Christian ministries, non-profits, and businesses around the world.
We find excitement in serving our 14,000+ clients, creating impactful products, and delighting the 40 million real people who use our platform every day. Subsplash is one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. (Inc. 5,000 in 2020) and has won awards for best mobile experience, been voted one of Seattle and Austin’s best places to work multiple years in a row, created some of the most downloaded apps of all time, and built enterprise software for world-class brands like XBOX, Microsoft, Samsung, Expedia, and Cisco; yet, at the end of the day, our passion is to serve churches and make a lasting impact in our world.
Working at Subsplash is more than just a job; we are a team of people who are courageous, inventive, and passionate about doing meaningful work every day. Don’t take our word for it—head to Glassdoor and see for yourself!
About the Team
The Marketing Team’s primary responsibilities are to communicate the value of the Subsplash platform to the world—managing all outward-facing communications, leading demand generation efforts, creating go-to-market product strategies, facilitating brand management/identity, and more. We create beautiful and effective email campaigns, social media strategies, website content, product identities, videos, and more. We identify prospects and nurture them into quality leads for our sales team. For existing clients, we help them understand and engage with our products and new features. We have fun moving projects from concept to reality, and discovering what works well to help Subsplash and our clients succeed.
About the Role
As a Marketing Graphic Designer I at Subsplash, you will report to the Creative Director. You will play an instrumental role on the marketing team to support internal and external design projects. In addition, you will work cross-departmentally with other teams to review requests and gain the necessary context to execute on tasks.
You are skilled in typography, visual layouts, and have the ability to present concepts, receive feedback, and translate it into improved final projects. As the Graphic Designer I you are highly detailed and organized, and are able to work in fast paced environments. You will be responsible for designing marketing collateral, website assets, email and blog imagery, advertising, promotional materials, social images and much more. You will use your creativity to work with the Creative Director to maintain a strong visual brand across the company.
- Work collaboratively with the Creative Director and the marketing team to successfully represent our brand and products across a wide variety of communications channels
- Create beautiful, on-brand email designs for marketing promotions and operational communications
- Manage and create assets for the marketing website(s)
- Create ad designs that strategically showcase our products and brand in beautiful and compelling ways
- Create and provide design support for external teams such as Business Development, People Operations, Support, Finance, etc.
- Support reinforcement of visual standards and improve external and internal presentations
- Utilize design and organizational layout skills to enhance social media profiles and engagement
- Create supporting visuals for blog posts and ebook documents
- Create illustrations for tutorial videos, marketing videos, and more
- Collaborate with the Creative Director on new brand elements and marketing product launches
- Work with the Creative Director to support and own a variety of details surrounding Subsplash events
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, or a related field
- 2-3 years experience with graphic and digital design, email marketing, social media, etc.
- Strong visual and design skills
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop on Mac OS
- Knowledge of marketing fundamentals and ability to implement them to create supporting brand assets
- Proven skill and portfolio that demonstrates quality visual and graphic design techniques, including a sense of branding, typography, and layout across digital platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to execute projects under tight deadlines and work in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter who is detail-oriented and an enthusiastic team player
- Competent and comfortable when it comes to working with external venders
- Familiarity with HTML a plus
- Motion design/AfterEffects experience is a plus
- Photography skills and editing experience is a plus
- Experience working with a Marketing team is a plus
- Experience with Sketch is a plus
- Team Oriented: You are super comfortable collaborating with others and you love working with a team to get the job done
- Detail Oriented: You are highly organized and you notice how small details make a big difference
- Data Driven: You get excited thinking about market research and how it can serve your team and improve your marketing strategy
- An Innovator: You love thinking of better ways to increase productivity and improve methods. You aren’t scared to try something new
- A Communicator: You possess a natural ability for clear communication and you love understanding the impact of communication through various channels
- Relational: Your coworkers would describe you as friendly and relationship-driven
- An Achiever: You have a knack for high productivity and you make visions a reality
- Teachable: You are excited to learn new things and grow in your professional and personal skills
Generous Paid Time Off, Medical Coverage, Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, short and long term disability and life insurance all free of charge, Competitive Compensation, 401k Matching, Professional Development, Top of the Line Equipment, Referral Program, Parental Leave, Family-Friendly Culture, and the chance to work side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
Remote Friendly Work
We’ve grown a lot since 2009, when our founders Tim & Kristy Turner fulfilled their dream to start Subsplash. In our continued commitment to creating a meaningful and flexible experience for our employees, we’re excited to have become a remote-friendly company! This means working from home (or anywhere else!) will be the primary experience for many of our team members. Don’t worry; we’ll still have offices (and snacks) in Austin, Seattle, and Wenatchee, WA to support those who do their best work in an office environment.
We’re still continuing to grow, and as of right now we have amazing employees in 16 states in the U.S. For the time being, that’s as far as we can go. As much as we would love to have Subsplash team members in as many places as the clients we serve, we’re focused on sustainable growth in the states where we’re already located.
For this reason, if a job posting contains “Remote” as the location, that means the role can be located in any state where we currently have operations. If you’re unsure whether or not we employ in your state, please still apply! We’ll make sure to let you know either way, and we’ll reach out to you if anything changes. Let’s make waves!
Note: Employment with Subsplash is contingent upon satisfactory proof of employee’s right to work in the U.S., as required by law and upon completion of a basic background check and; Employment with Subsplash is considered “at will,” meaning that either the company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time without cause or notice.This position is classified as FTE and therefore not eligible for overtime pay.
Subsplash is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value all human life as all people are created with equal dignity, value, and worth. We do not discriminate on the ground of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin, or genetic information in the hiring, retention, or promotion of employees; nor in determining their rank, or the compensation or fringe benefits paid them.