At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products, and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe.
We do this by connecting them to seamless communication networks, applications and services, by providing them with real-time information, and by arming them with intuitive, nearly indestructible radios and devices. We help people be their best in the moments that matter. This is our purpose.
Our Global Marketing and Brand Teams are in search of a Motion Graphic Designer to work in digital media who is highly-skilled in Adobe Creative Suite, and Google Suite.
We’re looking for an artist who can drive creative storytelling concepts through your passion for visual design, experience in collaborative work environments and your effective communication skills. Attention to detail is key and as a highly-skilled designer, you will provide guidance on creative strategy and deliver impactful and beautiful designs with the utmost quality. You will ensure all projects align with our business needs and brand voice and style.
You’ll join our team where our culture is casual and social but fast-paced with an emphasis on innovation and creativity. Working alongside our product experts, senior leadership team and global marketers, you will confidently communicate conceptual ideas driven by best practices and business objectives.
This position can be remote anywhere in the USA
- Translate concepts into visual storytelling, wireframes and creative concepts.
- Work within MSI-established design guidelines and collaborate with team members to ensure consistency across designs. At the same time, explore new executions of the brand.
- Prepare and present work to internal teams including senior leadership.
- Be a primary creative voice and advocate of the Motorola Solutions brand.
- Present and defend creative work to marketing and corporate teams.
- Ensure quality, visual and brand standards are met.
- Own motion graphic design process from conceptualization, production of video assets, animated illustrations, logos and typography style guides to be used in projects and social media.
- Collaborate and brainstorm with business partners to understand, identify and collect requirements to creatively execute design concepts.
- Can help conceptualize complex stories with storyboards
- Inspire and bring new ideas to the team through creative thought leadership.
- Direct creative work of marketing materials designed by contractors, agencies and internal designers to adhere to brand design guidelines.
- Provide solutions based on research and sharing of current trends that will elevate our design.
- Function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing, fast paced environment.
- Bring a positive attitude and motivation to deliver the highest quality assets.
- Respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Motion Graphic Design or equivalent experience.
- An in-depth understanding of Adobe After Effects, Premiere and Illustrator.
- Creates advanced motion graphics template packages for After Effects
- Creates advanced motion graphics template packages for Adobe Premiere (MOGRTS)
- Demonstrate basic understanding color theory, lighting, modeling and texturing of a 3D object.
- Knowledge of sound effects and audio design.
- A sound grasp of post-production processes.
- Knowledge and experience in editorial design and typography.
- Practical knowledge of basic photographic and video production principles.
- Advanced ability to storyboard complex video and motion stories, a plus.
- Cinema 4D/Maya/Blender experience is beneficial, a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in HTML/CSS (email, animated banner/gifs) a plus.
- Practical knowledge in Adobe Acrobat and FinalCut Pro, a plus.
- Strong organizational skills in maintaining files, file naming and version control.
- Superior communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills; organized and able to multitask and work under short deadlines.
- High energy: a desire to learn and a drive to excel.
- Passionate and motivated team player.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Successfully optimize motion graphic executions for popular social media platforms
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree and 3+ years of experience