We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
This summer you could have the opportunity to work for one of Levi Strauss & Co.’s iconic brands! Our San Francisco-based Summer Internship opportunities, among the Levi’s® and Dockers® brands, give students real world work experience and exposure to one of the world’s leading fashion and apparel companies. Our 10 week Summer Internship Program is the perfect way to gain work experience within the core of the organization, while learning what a career at LS&Co. might have in store for you.
In addition to day-to-day responsibilities, all interns will participate in an intern group project dedicated to a critical business initiative as well as be exposed to all areas of our business and our brands. Leadership seminars and career exploration series connect our interns to our leaders and educate around different career paths. Intern performance will be assessed using our internal review process and could potentially lead to a full-time offer.
We are looking for a talented intern to join our Direct to Consumer User Experience (UX) team. We’ll teach you about the importance of innovative and cohesive user experiences in retail and eCommerce. In return, you’ll help us build a consumer-focused in-store and web experience as our iconic brand seeks transform into a leading ecommerce retailer.
Our internship program offers a unique opportunity to bring your consumer-focused skills to the top of the pack. You’ll have a chance to directly impact consumers while working on a strategic, critical business initiative that will be presented to senior leadership. In addition to day-to-day responsibilities, interns will be exposed to all areas of our business and brands.
Our mission is to deliver the next generation shopping experience to our consumers around the world. We’re looking for a UX Intern who will bring innovation, creativity and a bit of spunk to our team. It’s important this person has the energy and desire to help bring our fashion to the future while maintaining the integrity of our brand’s past.
As a UX Intern, you will help drive the consumer experience vision and work closely with key stakeholders to build best-in-class UX for Levi.com and Dockers.com in North America and Europe. You will be responsible for bridging business and technology to drive innovation by owning UX elements from concept through launch.
Nature of the work during the internship will include:
- Owning a major project focused on growth and innovation opportunities in a specific eCommerce user experience area/feature.
- Applying strategic design thinking to deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that optimize user needs, business goals and technological realities across in-store, web and mobile retail platforms.
- Setting a vision for great customer experiences, inspiring others to get behind the vision and ultimately delivering products and services that are known for their delightful experience and ease of use.
- Highlighting and implementing ways to foster innovation within the company.
Your primary responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Driving UX-specific initiatives to support LS&Co’s innovation and growth objectives.
- Delivering UX wireframes and prototypes as well as UI specifications and tech requirements; creating 'lo-fi' prototypes to share with users in a fast, iterative manner.
- Visualizing ideas and concepts to effectively communicate the UX vision to internal leaders, partners and customers. Then, translating those visions into UX designs that illustrate simplicity, despite technical complexity.
- Collaborating effectively with consumer researchers, product management, development, marketing and other team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Human/Computer Interaction, design or another relevant field a plus)
- Currently enrolled full-time in a relevant program, with expected graduation in 2022
- Computer literacy including proficiency with MS Office applications; ability to learn tools used in UX design such as Sketch, Principle, Invision and Zeplin.
- Detail-oriented and thorough with the ability to see the big picture of UX.
- Resourceful nature paired with great problem-solving skills, both on your own and as part of the broader UX team.
- A desire to do wonderful design work that goes above and beyond the expectation.
- Strong interest in the apparel or technology industry.