To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
Hi there! Slack is looking for an experienced content designer to work closely with product teams and to shape the craft of product content as a whole.
Our ideal teammate excels at solving user experience problems through both information architecture and with language. Has experience building content systems to help others do the same; likes to make the complicated simple; provide clarity out of the messiness; makes any microcopy sound clear and human; and is passionate about mentoring other content folks. If this sounds like you — please get in touch.
A bit about Content Design at Slack: We’re part of the Product Design group, and we work to make sure Slack sounds human. We’re a growing team, and we delight in giving and receiving feedback to help each other be the best UX writers and thought partners we can be.
We care about wit and deftness with tone, but we care most of all about clarity and helping users get things done. We have strong feelings (oh, do we) about sentence case and exclamation marks — and we’d love to hear yours.
- Develop Information Architecture heuristics.
- Define best practices, lead creative exercises, and help set the vision and strategy for your product’s content, and for Content Design as a whole.
- Own product copy and content strategy for your teams’ features.
- Demonstrate the impact of your work proactively and often. Use data to guide your work and advocate for it.
- Partner with Product Marketing, Product Management, and other cross-functional partners to develop a consistent voice, tone, and taxonomy for your product area.
- Be an active and available craft mentor to other content designers, and partner with us in building our positive, collaborative, healthy team culture.
- A cover letter and portfolio of your work.
- Experience in product writing, content strategy, and/or copywriting, with a demonstrated record of writing successful UX/UI copy with measurable impact.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, or equivalent design tools.
- Experience advocating for content and design, garnering resources when needed, and driving projects forward even in the face of obstacles.
- Experience creating and applying style guides and related artifacts to help others write successfully.
- 5+ years of industry experience.*
- Ability to track the effects of your work across multiple teams, and proactively manage issues and complexity.
- Leadership skills: the ability to give strong, thoughtful feedback, and an active drive to help others improve.
- Understanding of the Slack voice, and ability to extend it and adapt it based on context.
* Through trial and error we've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. But what’s more important to us than a number is the experiences you’ve had and the skills you’ve developed — regardless of the length of time it took to get where you are. Do you have 20+ years of experience? Awesome! Please apply. Have only 3 years, but feel you meet the requirements above? Send us your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $166,600. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.