Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Are you a strategic design thinker who can think through complex customer problems to create best-in-class solutions? Do you thrive creating service design and journey maps, user flows and wireframes? Can you communicate intricate processes in a simple and thoughtful way to stakeholders? Do you have a passion for designing elegant solutions that are the right balance of innovative and familiar?
Your future team
We are looking for a principle product designer to drive the service design and ux architecture discipline for Confluence. This individual will work closely with our cross-functional stakeholders to solve complex product wide architectural and design challenges and build experiences necessary to empower customers to create engaging and effective content.
What you'll do
- Reporting to the Head of Design for Confluence, you'll drive product design thinking and lead design initiatives across the Confluence product design group.
- Collaborate with the platform team, cross product peers, establish principles, and champion the next phase of product enhancements.
- With your cross-functional team, you will develop a keen understanding of our users and their needs–whether through user research, experimentation, workshopping, or sketching/visualization.
- With this acquired knowledge, you'll map the user's journey through various phases of product interaction and identify solutions will balance the existing customer needs with new innovative solutions that aim to simplify and delight.
- Partner with product design, product management, engineering, and marketing teams to define a user-centered approach to complement the goals we are looking to achieve for Confluence.
- Use your storytelling skills to facilitate cross-team collaboration, working with product teams and stakeholders across Atlassian.
- 10+ years of hands-on professional experience as a UX or Product Designer.
- A track record of delivering outcomes where you've driven product direction.
- Present Identifiable artifacts that illustrate UX architectural skill set. Eg, Wireframes, Userflows, Journey Maps, and Service Design Maps.
- Ability to lead and inspire others and build consensus with cross-functional peers, key partners, and executives across a business to influence a result.
- A mastery of your craft, validated through Conceptual Thinking & Modeling, User-centeredness and analysis, and Technical & Product Knowledge.
- Strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and open approach to working with teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.