MuleSoft, an independent business unit of Salesforce, is looking for an exceptional Product Designer to envision, design, and build the next generation of developer tool user experiences.
About Product Design at MuleSoft
MuleSoft has an entrepreneurial culture, and a creative and forward-thinking mindset. The Product and Content Experience team is a highly collaborative organization of talented practitioners who are mission-driven to serve our users. Come help us build impactful and innovative things!
MuleSoft is changing how the world connects by building a platform that unlocks information and simplifies the design and management of enterprise data integrations. APIs are the catalyst for this change, and MuleSoft has been at the forefront of this innovation since launching the first true enterprise iPaaS (integration platform as a service) system, Anypoint Platform.
About the Product
Anypoint Platform is a highly scalable product that offers enterprise-level services to help companies join their systems-of-record into an application network, increasing the speed of their businesses. Anypoint Platform serves a wide variety of users, from highly technical developers, to non-technical business users like legal or compliance teams. Above all, the goal of Mulesoft products is to make data integration dramatically easier for all.
About the Role
After designing, building, testing, and deploying APIs, developers often utilize our platform to monitor those APIs, their applications, and their infrastructure to ensure they’re reliable and performant. This is a broad, ambiguous space with plenty of room for innovation. We are looking for a strong designer to lead our efforts to shape this critical experience.
- Driving a coherent, connected product design and UX strategy within the product design team, user research, product management, development, and project management teams that aims to bring together our disparate product lines into a connected experience
- Tackling the most complex, ambiguous design challenges with energy and enthusiasm for making our users’ lives better
- Confidently leading with a user-centered approach to solve design challenges and support business needs
- Collaboratively formulating a UX vision with realistic plans for iterative updates that will make your vision become real over time
- Systems-level design thinking necessary for ensuring smooth enterprise software experiences
- Modeling healthy and successful UX best practices and mentoring junior members of the UX team
- Giving and receiving feedback, early and often
- Proven ability to execute throughout the end-to-end design process, including: user research, interaction design, interface and information design, and visual design
- Demonstrated ability to keep the user at the center of the product development process in the most challenging of circumstances
- Expertise in the craft of design with a portfolio that showcases user journeys, wireframes, visual design and prototypes.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Excellent cross-disciplinary collaboration evidenced through artifacts
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, action-oriented environment
- Familiarity with enterprise software development processes
- Basic knowledge of Accessibility (Color contrast, Screen reader, ARIA markup)
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate cross-functional collaborative workshops and design thinking activities
Domain experience in enterprise software tools and software aimed at technical audiences (developers, IT operations, etc.) is valuable, but is not required. We want great designers, not subject matter experts.
- Awareness of, or familiarity with cloud-based developer tools and developer UX needs