We’re looking for a Principal UX Designer to lead the design execution for a new Blue Sky product that will transform the way customers interact with their home. As the number connected devices we use in our homes continues to proliferate, customers are looking for these devices to become smarter, more private, and perform tasks more relevant to what they need at any given time. This role will deliver must have features and invent new ways to make our homes smarter and safer.
About the hiring group
At Amazon Lab 126 we invent high-profile consumer electronic devices. Our team delivers all of the edge-based AI and ML solutions across the Amazon Devices portfolio, ensuring that every device provides advanced, accurate, and contextually relevant experiences for our hundreds of millions of customers across the globe.
In this fast-paced role, you will develop conceptual to user story level designs. You will be the primary interface for a diverse set of partner teams within the Device Software and Services organization and across the broader devices org, especially working closely with other user experience design teams throughout the organization as well as product management, and engineering teams. You will take on the most user experience opportunities with autonomy and extremely high visibility, being a primary voice for how customers will experience this new product.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· A total of 10+ years as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role
· Experience designing large-scale systems and applications
· A strong portfolio of innovative, customer-centric design work that demonstrates proficiency in information architecture and interaction design
· Proficiency in design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Invision, Zeplin, or similar
· Bachelor’s, or equivalent degree, in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience with the design field.
· Experience designing AI, Computer Vision, or Mapping products