Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
This role is for a product designer on our Backup Expansion team. You’ll get to drive the Onboarding and Activation of one our fast-growing products in a high performing team.
- Being thoughtful about how experiments can scale the product.
- Designing polished interfaces, meaningful interactions, holistic experiences and solving for edge cases.
- Articulating the ‘why’ behind your design decisions
- Working independently, and with Research partners, to test your designs.
- Collaborating with Product, Research, Data Science, Content Design, and other partners to identify customer centered solutions.
- Exploring a wide breadth of solutions
- Collaborating with Engineering partners to surface technical challenges and constraints.
- 4+ years of Product Design experience
- Solid interaction design. Knows how to design coherent flows across a wide user journey.
- Explores lots of solutions. Knows how to go broad before going deep.
- Strong collaborator. Knows how to partner well with PM’s, engineers, and other designers.
- Good use of visual design systems. Be it an internal design system or platform system (e.g. Material or Apple HIG), you know how to use good design systems.
At Dropbox, we strive to be a great place for all Dropboxers to grow and be recognized for that growth. This job posting reflects broad requirements, and represents two potential levels of role.
Through our assessment process, we will identify your level that ties to compensation based on your experience and technical expertise along with the scope of the role.
For candidates hired in Colorado, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is $131,200 - $154,400 - $177,600 if you are assessed at the IC3 level. If you are instead assessed at the IC4 level, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is $146,200 - $172,000 - $197,800.
This salary/OTE range represents the low, middle, and high end of the salary or OTE (Sales roles) range for this position, and is subject to change. To determine a Dropboxer’s starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. This position may be considered a promotional opportunity.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, 11 Company-wide PTO days, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).