Apple’s Applications Group is seeking a Sr. Product Designer to work on consumer and pro software applications for the Mac and iOS. The ideal designer for this role desires to take on complex problems and provide elegant solutions that can delight billion of people around the world.
We’ll provide unprecedented levels of opportunity and resources to create experiences that influence the industry and people’s lives. On our team, we strive for imaginative problem solvers that are quick to study and eager to learn. Join this team if you’re committed to making each interaction — visual, audial, and haptic — amazing for our customers.
- 5+ years of experience with a focus on product design and UI across a variety of platforms like iOS, web or others
- Enthusiasm and history working in an iterative design process, motivated by group critique
- Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to present work to large groups and executives
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Demonstrate creative and innovative problem solving and a willingness to take the lead where needed
- Experience in shipping digital products from start to finish, including the documentation and development process
- Ability to communicate concepts and designs through prototypes, low and high-fidelity comps, and formal presentations
- Highly skilled and fast in any tools you need to visualize your ideas and deliver the work
- Empathy and understanding of how to advocate for user experience with peer teams like Engineering, QA, Marketing, and Accessibility
- A passion for Apple, its products, and its customers
From brainstorming through implementation, the Sr. Product Designer will work with the Applications design team members and our engineering, marketing, and QA groups. You should possess extraordinary visual and user interface skills and user-centered design principles.
You have an affinity for consistency, color use, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details. While exercising a good eye for aesthetics, you can grasp and distill highly complex issues and translate them into clean, understandable solutions.
You are a natural collaborator and an excellent communicator, able to develop and present design ideas in a large team environment. This Sr. Product Designer is a critical player in defining the future design direction of Apple’s consumer and pro applications. We are excited to welcome an eager and qualified designer to take software design to the next level.
Education & Experience
Degree in interaction design, human interaction sociology, psychology, visual design, or similar