Our mission sets the tone for how we approach, build, and scale the products our employees use everyday. Whether we’re creating products to improve productivity or collaboration, our teams are constantly looking for ways to build stronger relationships with one another and connect in meaningful ways. The Internal Foundation team is at the heart of our employee experience with a mission to enable a productive, efficient, and connected workforce. This team owns and curates the design language, as well as the quality and accessibility standards across employee-focused teams.
In this role, you’ll support and manage a rapidly growing Design team while driving strategic partnerships across Facebook’s enterprise and employee-focused teams. The ideal candidate will have strong fundamentals in people management, systems, interaction and visual design, experience elevating design quality and efficacy in a data-informed product culture with a passion for creating continuity throughout products and experiences.
Product Design Director Responsibilities
- Build and manage a new team with a growing charter
- Support and grow managers and designers
- Ensuring team has a high bar of craft and systematic thinking
- Establish shared vision across varied teams by building consensus on priorities leading to design and implementation of standards
- Oversee communication of design system, quality and accessibility standards
- Driving alignment and partnerships with Facebook foundation teams and internal product partners
- 8+ years of experience in Product Design
- 5+ years management experience growing both ICs and managers
- Senior people management, team development and recruiting experience
- Experience scaling standards and foundational systems
- Experience growing a strategic design practice within a matrixed organization