The Facebook Design community is pioneering technologies to bring people closer together, and our teams share in the responsibility of doing it at global scale. We are committed to designing and building Facebook apps and technologies—the Facebook app, Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus, Workplace, Portal and Novi—to serve a diverse global community. As a Product Design Intern, you will ensure our products and features are valuable for people, easy to use, and of the highest level of craft and execution. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills. This posting represents different Product Design Intern roles across the Facebook company.
Product Design Intern Responsibilities
- Oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch in partnership with product managers, engineers, UX researchers and content strategists
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our billion plus users
- Design end-to-end flows and experiences that are simple and elegant for our supported platforms
- Craft designs within existing visual systems and/or standards
- Solicit and provide feedback from partners to continually improve the quality of our products through multiple iterations exploring a range of design options
- Experience building and shipping applications or software at the level of whole features across a variety of platforms
- Interaction Design experience with ability to define how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs. Ability to use prototyping skills to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work.
- Visual Design skills with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense.
- Strategic product thinker with the ability to understand product goals, identify opportunities, and make decisions based on the impact to people and the company.
- Able to clearly and succinctly articulate the goals of your team.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors or Masters degree in design or related design field
- Ability to showcase your end to end design process across multiple projects, that include interaction and visual design artifacts and high-fidelity prototypes