Product Design Lead Aquent
ProductChicago, IL, US, Remote6 days ago
Human-centered - The Product Design & Development Lead puts people at the center of everything they do, always seeking to deeply understand and empathize with them in the entire context of their lives. The designer advocates for the user’s needs with peers, facilitates user research on a regular basis, and continuously delivers based on evidence-backed insights in order to ensure products and services fit the user need.
Strategic - The Product Design & Development Lead strives for experiences that are desirable for members, viable for the business, and operationally and technically feasible. They look to best practices and methods in order to uncover real member needs and to synthesize insights from research and data. They understand and practice the design processes across the product lifecycle. Additionally, the lead develops a full-stack skillset, ensuring that the visual interaction design complements the user research findings.
Collaborative - The Product Design & Development Lead is a humble and generous contributor to a cross-functional team. They recognize and respect the deep expertise of others, helping the team move forward. The lead participates in the team’s rituals, facilitates user research activities, and serves as part of a design pair. They are a fast learner and are willing to adapt to the product design needs and processes.
A Storyteller - The Product Design & Development Lead is a communicator and presents research to colleagues and stakeholders. They are able to thoughtfully discuss and justify design decisions, give honest effective feedback to others, and leverage their communication techniques.
The Product Design & Development Lead is a facilitator who helps the product team make design decisions. They employ human-centered design practices and work in concert within our Agile development process. They lead user research, ideation sessions, and act as the voice of the users in the prioritization process. They advocate for the ideal user experience by leveraging the user research and collaborating with stakeholders directly.
- 100% dedicated to a single engagement at a time and acts as Lead on product in the craft capacity.
- Master of understanding what level of fidelity is most appropriate for the audience, phase of work and aligns the teams work accordingly.
- Develop the design assets necessary to communicate interactions, test hypothesis, and create provocations for conversations with the user. These include, but are not limited to, the following: customer journeys, user flows, sitemaps, research plans, paper prototypes, workshops, sketches, visual designs, prototypes.
- Drive craft by setting the tone and vision for the visual aesthetic and pattern vocabulary utilizing colors, typography, and layout.
- Build partnerships with business stakeholders and educate them on how research shapes the product direction through presentations and collaboration.
- Facilitate a culture of team critique to provide feedback on how to level up design work, support designers to navigate complex UX, IA, Visual System decisions. Set the method for team design workflow, set of tools, file sharing, and best methods for file organization.
- Takes full ownership of their design team’s work and responsibility for every detail, every step of the way.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to make healthcare better for our members, transform the future of care today, while working to build and deliver technology.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve design to integrate it into a more agile and efficient process.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our members enroll, seek, and establish care.
Set yourself apart:
- Ability to support and teach fellow designers through design pairing, design critiques, general ways of working, design tools, and best practices.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a full understanding of the end-to-end design process.
- Extensive experience with Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision. Ability to learn new software quickly a plus.
- Extensive experience with applying user-centered design processes.
- Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, Service Design, UI / UX Design, and Product Design; willingness to broaden own skillset into adjacent specializations while refining mastery of primary skillset.
- Pilot new tools and design methods within project work and practice.
- Facilitate studio and team critiques and be the voice of craft helping to elevate the standard of products and services across the team
- Point of contact for software vetting and contracting.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- 6-10 years of relevant industry experience
- Bachelor’s design degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Demonstrated experience working in UX, Product Design, Visual Design, or IA within multiple cross-discipline teams (both technology and design)