- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of mechanical design experience in camera modules and components (e.g., lens, actuator, substrate packaging) for consumer electronics.
- Experience with Siemens NX or similar CAD software.
- 10 years of experience in smartphone system product mechanical design.
- Experience as a mechanical technical lead of consumer electronics products.
- Experience in camera module manufacturing and testing at Module Integrator.
- Experience in integrating camera modules and components into a product system.
About the job
As a member of a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team, you use your creativity and diverse range of engineering experience to explore solutions to a variety of engineering problems. As a mechanical engineer, you participate in the design, analysis, and prototyping of new concepts. You work in a manufacturing and product oriented development environment and collaborate with vendors and outside sources in order to see parts through to manufacture.
The Camera Hardware team inside the Tech Engineering Imaging and Vision (TEIV) group is responsible for developing camera hardware for Pixel products. In this role, you will work with internal cross-functional teams and external partners to design and develop camera components, modules, and integrate them into product systems. You will have the responsibility of the entire lifecycle of projects, including new technology and roadmap products.
You will become a mechanical expert on the team. You will own all mechanical design aspects of the camera module, including its sub-components. You will review the supplier's mechanical drawings, processes design for manufacturing (DFM), tolerance analysis, and optomechanics. You will perform technical analysis over mechanical design challenges and reliability failures. You will also work with cross-functional teams to build and integrate advanced camera systems to products, utilizing mechanical design instinct, knowledge, and expertise.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Oversee all the camera modules and components mechanical design in a product program from concept to production.
- Define and own the module structure.
- Lead camera product design engineers to develop modules and to ensure reliable integration in a product device.
- Assign and track team’s technical tasks, regularly share design updates, tradeoffs and risks, lead design reviews, and advocate reliable module and integration design in cross-functional meetings.
- Host conference calls with teams and partners located at different time zones and travel to work with vendors and support builds.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To learn more about COVID vaccination requirements for US Google workplaces, read our Vaccination Entry Policy.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.